PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

Pls help me... Should I buy this H3 ?

Old 02-03-2015, 03:20 AM

Keep in mind when buying a Hummer ....

1. Parts are SCARY expensive
2. Parts are hard to find
3. GM Dealers don't like working on Hummers and some employees have an attitude against Hummer owners.
4. Hummers are not the most reliable or problem-free vehicles

I purchased my 09 Alpha about 1 year ago from an old retired lady and I have nothing but problems. I baby this h3 and the previous owner did the same. One thing after another, and this is after I replaced some OEM broken parts. Example part prices I recently paid:

OEM Chrome Side Passenger Rear View Mirror: $230
OEM Engine Plastic Cover: $150
OEM Roof Racks: $300

All these parts are basically just cheap plastic stuff probably made in China. At this point I'm gonna hold off on the lift kit and bigger tires and wheels. As a real estate investor I find it very hard to spend money on something that I will never re-coup. Frankly, I'd rather take that money and invest it hanging out on a beautiful Beach in Brazil for 6 months surrounded by beautiful Brazilian women in tiny bikinis, drinking cold Chopps and improving my tan.

My Old Man (Father) purchased a new V8 Tundra in 2008 and he rags on his truck every day pulling 7,000 lbs regularly and he's never had one issue with his truck. 150,000 miles and cranks every day, never any issues only change the oil and other fluids.

Good Luck.

Old 02-03-2015, 06:10 AM

At that price and all the work that was performed with documentation I would jump all over that deal and enjoy the hell out of it. Hummers just like every other suv have certain quirks and it seems yours has had all the major issues already addressed.If you drive it and decide that you want to sell within a year you will recoup all of your money invested and most likely a little more. As everyone knows you rarely ever purchase a car with the thought of getting all your investment back so what do you have to lose.
H3ray has had some issues with his and a bad experience and i certainly do not know all the details but with the items he listed i personally have replaced my chrome mirror passenger side for way less and it was oem new,roof rails and engine cover both are half of what he paid if you are willing to do some research on web.
I realize and accept that some things will need to be fixed over time and not like real estate do i expect to make money on our cars but drive and enjoy them for what they are.

Old 02-03-2015, 06:59 AM

looks like they've replaced everything.. i'd buy it in a sec, plus that's a great price, there bringing around 14k here

Old 02-03-2015, 07:11 AM

I would buy it without hesitation.

Old 02-03-2015, 08:31 PM

In my opinion I would pass on this deal. Think about your wife and your kids? What if you begin to have problems? You're broken down on side of some deserted highway and no Triple A service? What next? Perhaps some bandits come along and rob you, or worse kidnap your beloved wife and kids? Just think about it .... just my $0.02 opinion.

Good luck whatever you decide

Last edited by H3Ray; 02-03-2015 at 08:33 PM.
Old 02-03-2015, 09:39 PM

Originally Posted by H3Ray
In my opinion I would pass on this deal. Think about your wife and your kids? What if you begin to have problems? You're broken down on side of some deserted highway and no Triple A service? What next? Perhaps some bandits come along and rob you, or worse kidnap your beloved wife and kids? Just think about it .... just my $0.02 opinion.

ONSTAR! works great and they'll stay on the phone with them until someone gets there to help them. H3Ray do you ever say anything POZ at all about anything? dude please give us a break and stop being so NEG about everything. Are you only here to bash our trucks?

Old 02-03-2015, 10:06 PM

ONSTAR charges fees to join their network - it's not free. I don't have Onstar nor would I pay for their shotty service. I think AAA is better but like I said before with Toyota reliability you don't need Onstar or AAA. I'm not a negative person and I see it as giving an unbiased view point not just about Hummers but also other trucks that offer perhaps more in terms of reliability. Of course everyone here is GUNG HO USA Hummer because this forum is about Hummers but I offer another view point and I'm constantly harassed because I don't agree with the masses. We all have an opinion so just because mine is different stop harassing me.

Thank you

Old 02-03-2015, 10:45 PM

QUOTE=H3Ray;322679]
(I'm constantly harassed because I don't agree with the masses. We all have an opinion so just because mine is different stop harassing me.)

Ray What the Hell kinda of opinion is that more like a scenario. Your using scare tactics as an opinion when all the person is asking for is an honest opinion which you have already given in an earlier post and im sure that Person Respected your Opinion .But your last post is simply just begging for harrasement. To be honest with ya id be glad the bandits took my wife jus not my dogs

Last edited by hum4me; 02-03-2015 at 10:47 PM.
Old 02-04-2015, 12:12 AM

H3 Ray Jay,
You probably sold some houses at shanty prices and big lies so karma has struck you with a lemon H3.

Boom

My H3 is within range of bad cylinder heads and all kinds of shenanigans. With proper care and attention to detail I've either evaded or mitigated every single problem without getting bent over at a dealership.

Old 02-04-2015, 01:23 AM

ONSTAR charges fees to join their network - it's not free. I don't have Onstar nor would I pay for their shotty service. I think AAA is better but like I said before with Toyota reliability you don't need Onstar or AAA. I'm not a negative person and I see it as giving an unbiased view point not just about Hummers but also other trucks that offer perhaps more in terms of reliability. Of course everyone here is GUNG HO USA Hummer because this forum is about Hummers but I offer another view point and I'm constantly harassed because I don't agree with the masses. We all have an opinion so just because mine is different stop harassing me.

Thank you
H3Ray, Your correct, Onstar isn't free, but how can you put a price on a family members life? Just think if you had a child or your wife, or heck might be your BF, who knows.. Anyway, Say it's late one night, a deer jumps out in front of your loved one, They try to miss it and run down a hill, flipping the truck. Do you really think you'd call it junk then? What would Toyota do if that happened? Nothing because they don't have Onstar! Your loved one would be laying down there out of site and would die. So you call it harassment. We're all just getting tired of hearing you be so Neg about Hummer's. I can tell ya, I've got Onstar on all my car's / trucks and wouldn't let my wife or child get in there with out it. So yes if you can upgrade the Onstar to a newer unit and get bluetooth isn't worth every penny and that's my 2 cent's worth. H3Ray. Please stop and think before you open your mouth.

Thanks

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Pls help me... Should I buy this H3 ?