PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Pictures of H2's with gobi ranger roof rack please...

Search this Thread

Old 12-09-2011, 03:42 PM
Default Pictures of H2's with gobi ranger roof rack please...

I have a opertunity to get a Gobi ranger full roof rack with sunroof cutout & spare tire mount for a rediculously low price. I'm not sure if I will like the look better then how it looks now...I currently have 4 racks on the roof ( 1 is a light rack) that looks really nice.

Here's the catch I have to drive 5 hours round trip to get it & it's missing the gobi sign/wind deflector that mounts on the front under where lights would mount. I Will have to remove my light bar (mount lights on Gobi) & the other racks to make it fit before I drive to get it this Sunday. It will make my rear tire mount obsolete which I just fabricated a backup camera To( easy to relocate) . I will have to fab a rear plate light & relocate licence plate.

On a posative note I can sell my 4 roof racks & spare tire carrier and actually turn a profit & get a Gobi rack that I origionally wanted when I bought the truck.... The biggest positive...it's only $400!

I really don't know what to do...my 6 year old boy who loved my old roof rack ( was ugly in my opinion hence why it's gone) says not to get it as he likes the new look... So i ask you guys to please post pics of H2's with gobi racks to help me decide! What would you do? Opinions appreciated! here is a pic of how it looks now

Last edited by Caraddict; 12-09-2011 at 03:50 PM. Reason: Insert pic
Old 12-09-2011, 07:55 PM

If you put any significant amount of weight (like a full size spare and you standing on it) on the rack- it will sag... The cross bars will offer additional support in the center. Dont get rid of them. My rack is laying on the crossbars.

Old 12-09-2011, 09:34 PM

Originally Posted by bflorin
If you put any significant amount of weight (like a full size spare and you standing on it) on the rack- it will sag... The cross bars will offer additional support in the center. Dont get rid of them. My rack is laying on the crossbars.
You have a Gobi rack?

Old 12-10-2011, 02:54 PM

Just finished installing my Gobi rack Thursday, I couldnt be happier. Still have the Predator brush guard and 4 more Piaa lights to install. I like that the Gobi rack was already pre wired for Piaa lights

I opted for their ladder as it was bundled into the price from Teakatoys

Name:  gobi1.jpg
Views: 1089
Size:  48.0 KB
Name:  gobi2.jpg
Views: 961
Size:  55.2 KB
Name:  gobi3.jpg
Views: 1083
Size:  120.5 KB
Name:  gobi4.jpg
Views: 2976
Size:  112.3 KB

Last edited by Gleamor; 12-10-2011 at 02:57 PM.
Old 12-10-2011, 06:29 PM

Nice rack! keep the pics coming!

Old 12-10-2011, 07:30 PM

i must say, that h2 is very cool man! that red is my fave color, and will most likely be the color of mine. I really like these gobi racks. as much as i wanted to make one from scratch, these things look nice for sure.

steve

Old 12-12-2011, 03:50 AM
Super Moderator

A few things... you can't leave the roof bars on unless you have the 4" brackets.... Gobi stopped making those a long time ago.

The new racks don't sag because they have added support bars.

I have my rack loaded for bear and it is solid.

Don't worry about the GOBI deflector. It only rubs and rusts your roof.... if you have to have one... come get mine. You can have it for free.

Name:  before.jpg
Views: 1572
Size:  93.2 KB

Old 12-12-2011, 03:52 AM
Super Moderator

Name:  CHORauschCreekApril2011013.jpg
Views: 873
Size:  88.4 KB

Old 12-12-2011, 06:47 AM

Originally Posted by Muddydawg75
A few things... you can't leave the roof bars on unless you have the 4" brackets.... Gobi stopped making those a long time ago.

The new racks don't sag because they have added support bars.

I have my rack loaded for bear and it is solid.

Don't worry about the GOBI deflector. It only rubs and rusts your roof.... if you have to have one... come get mine. You can have it for free.

Thanks Muddy... I can live without the barrier if it's gonna damage my roof.

Old 12-13-2011, 07:46 PM

Originally Posted by Muddydawg75
Dammm.. My Rig (Picure Right) Looks like a VW Bug Next to your Skelator rig..LMAO... Plus.. I like Mrs.Muudy'e International "PINK" Emergency Jacket..

Quick Reply: Pictures of H2's with gobi ranger roof rack please...