PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

Parts to replace after an accident.

Old 10-08-2012, 08:40 AM
Default Parts to replace after an accident.

My 2006 H3 Adv Lux was hit from behind while parked on a street. The car was going over 40, lifted me and did a bunch of damage to my rear end with some minor body damage. Any suggestions where to get body panel clips, rocker cover clips, shock bolts (front and rear) and leaf spring bolts (front and rear)? Also need the inner plastic rear corner molding that sits behind the wheel under the fender (under the fuel door).

Broke my back axle, bent wheel hub, folded the leaf springs, plus more damage.

Still in tears btw, my h3 was perfect with 107k miles and going strong. Thanks for any suggestions.

Old 10-09-2012, 07:59 AM

That's a bummer about your accident. Have you considered getting a replacement rather than fixing the one you have? By the time you are done with tracking down the parts and the repairs you might end up spending just about the same amount of money on a solid used H3. Just a thought.

In any event, give this website a try. They had a pretty hard to find part that I was looking for for my H3.

Good Luck and again, sorry about your accident.

www.gmpartsdirect.com

Old 10-09-2012, 08:27 AM

Sorry but I posted the wrong website for the Hummer Parts. The website I meant to post is:

www.newgmparts.com

Use this one instead becasue the people at the site posted above were not helpful in the least bit.

Sorry about my error.

Old 10-10-2012, 05:38 PM

try gmpartshouse.com

Old 10-11-2012, 08:49 AM

Thanks guys, really appreciate it.

Couple of reasons I am not replacing. The biggest one is the ins co won't total it. So, since I have no frame damage I figure I'll try to to get it right. Second reason I searched a ton and have a hard time finding the adv lux packages combined like on mine. What I did find all seemed to have issues as well, so I am gonna try to stick with the one I know I side and out.

Fingers crossed!

Old 10-11-2012, 09:18 AM
Super Moderator

Let me get this straight, you have insurance, were hit from behind and sustained damage. Are you doing the collision repair yourself?

Parts are not an issue. I would take it to your local trusted body shop and pick it up when it is done?

If you want to source smaller parts where shipping is not going to make it unfeasible, then contact Gene at GM Parts and GM Accessories - GM Parts House.

Old 10-12-2012, 07:18 AM

Virtually all of the damage is mechanical since the guy actually went under me. Nothing that is painted is damaged except for a few clips that hold on part of the fender flare and the rocker molding. My buddy has a custom hot rod/bike/fab shop, so I am having him do it. The guy's is the best I have seen and I trust him. Since he put me as his priority, I am trying to save him some time by tracking down all of the parts. I've actually been able to get everything now, so all good. But thanks to all for the good advice. This forum is always such a big help!

Old 10-12-2012, 07:23 AM

BTW, already at $7k and counting in damage including labor.