PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

P0449 Code Help

Search this Thread

Old 02-20-2009, 07:35 AM
Default P0449 Code Help

I had the check engine light come on on my 2008 H3. The code came up P0449. It says it has something to do with the EVAP (Evaporative Emission System). Has anyone ever has this code come up?

Old 02-20-2009, 08:17 AM
Super Moderator

Not me, but its not a big deal, just emission crap. Not gonna kill your truck.

P0449 Evaporative Emission Control System Vent Valve/Solenoid Circuit Malfunction

Trip to the dealer, but first make sure your your Evap vent hose (large rubber elbow with knurled pinch clip connection) is snapped firmly onto the front of your Air Filter Box. If that comes off, or is loose, it can throw that code after time. Not likely, but an easy thing to check.

Old 02-20-2009, 08:37 AM

Thanks, I will check that. I am taking it into the dealer, but i am hoping it will be something covered by the warranty. Just so I can get it fixed.

Old 03-10-2011, 04:43 PM

Hi how did u fix this issue? I am getting the same error message!! Thanks

Old 08-29-2012, 02:34 PM

I know this is a dead thread kind of but I am trying to get my p0449 code resolved before emissions here in Illinois. I have read all over the Internet about replacing or in some case cleaning the component that causes this. I think I have identified one on eBay as well as Advance Auto Parts.

So what's the problem? Where is the damn thing. I have read behind the alternator, along the rail of the frame, and most recently been told it was actually on the top of the fuel cell.

Considering that the dealer wants $700 to replace it I thought I would purchase it and do it myself if it is not a big deal for $30. LOL

Any pictures or a diagram that points out where to find it. I can't seem to find it behind the Alt.

Old 08-29-2012, 03:01 PM

Quick note to you
There is a dude on the forum that has the full shop manuals for the H3's and he is very inexpensive if you want your own digital copy, do a search for manuals and his name/page should come up if not send me a message and I will dig up the info
I bought them and they were a God send for help and I was able to find everything
and I mean everything on my 06 H3
Cheers

Old 08-30-2012, 08:43 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by Brian Volinsky
I know this is a dead thread kind of but I am trying to get my p0449 code resolved before emissions here in Illinois.

So what's the problem? Where is the damn thing. I have read behind the alternator, along the rail of the frame, and most recently been told it was actually on the top of the fuel cell.

Any pictures or a diagram that points out where to find it. I can't seem to find it behind the Alt.
The CORRECT way to ask this would have been to start a NEW thread and link this old one for reference..... AND specify your year and model

The EVAP gets its vacuum from the TB, do you know where the TB is? There is a hose connected to the TB in addition to the electrical plug. Follow the hose to the canister and the hose from the canister to the control valve.... etc. You may have a simple leak, or a bad valve, or mud/crud in the system blocking vacuum.

#907 is the hose which connects to the top of the I5 TB and EVAP control valve then canister.

Old 02-06-2014, 06:57 AM
Default P0449

Hello,
I am also dealing with the P0449 code...Please keep in mind that this code is a circuit/wiring problem and not a leak issue...the part that is related to this code is the VENT solenoid which is located in the back by gas tank.Do not get it confused with the purge valve which is located behind alternator which u have to remove the driver side tire and wheel well cover to r&r....if your code was a small or large leak it can also be the vent solenoid which would be cracked that you could easily see... you could try and shotgun the vent solenoid at it to see if that fixes the problem roughly 142.00 smackers... with my h3 the pending code will appear on the reader when it is wet out... so I am going to look at the connector to the vent solenoid and check for any chaffing and check the connector itself...I believe that moisture is getting inside the connector and giving me my problem... I will be cleaning the connector applying electrical insulating compound, spraying all wires with silicone release fluid and finally shrink wrapping all wires and plug....I will keep you posted as to the outcome

Old 02-06-2014, 09:23 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by dw4802
Hello,
I am also dealing with the P0449 code...Please keep in mind that this code is a circuit/wiring problem and not a leak issue...the part that is related to this code is the VENT solenoid which is located in the back by gas tank.
Actually, this is wrong, P0449 can be caused by just a vacuum leak anywhere in the EVAP system with no electrical issue at all. That simple.

Codes are just a clue, not the answer. This is why most of today's mechanics can't fix a loose diaper pin. You cannot fix the code, you have to diagnose the actual problem that will get rid of the code.

Old 02-06-2014, 10:38 AM

If you have a leak in your system, your computer will display the appropriate (leak) code.. P0449 is a evap circuit fault, that simple... don't stray from what the computer is telling you...my problem fixed , had a plug problem on the vent solenoid

Quick Reply: P0449 Code Help