PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Newbie Pricing Question

Search this Thread

Old 11-24-2006, 01:09 PM
Default Newbie Pricing Question

I'm looking to buy in April 2007. I went to the dealership and got a brochure on the H3 and talked a bit with the salesman. He said on the Hummer line they don't have much room on coming off the MSRP. He said where they have $6000 or so to play with on a Silverado the Hummer lineup doesn't give them that much to play with.

So my question is what would be a realistic bottom dollar price to drive one off the lot. Let's just say I'm getting a base H3 with Auto Transmission which would be MSRP of $31,690. How much would they come down to in order from me walking out the door?

If anyone doesn't mind saying what amount they paid that would be most helpful as well but if you don't want to disclose that I understand.

Old 11-24-2006, 04:36 PM
Default RE: Newbie Pricing Question

ORIGINAL: Mountain Trooper

I'm looking to buy in April 2007. I went to the dealership and got a brochure on the H3 and talked a bit with the salesman. He said on the Hummer line they don't have much room on coming off the MSRP. He said where they have $6000 or so to play with on a Silverado the Hummer lineup doesn't give them that much to play with.

So my question is what would be a realistic bottom dollar price to drive one off the lot. Let's just say I'm getting a base H3 with Auto Transmission which would be MSRP of $31,690. How much would they come down to in order from me walking out the door?

If anyone doesn't mind saying what amount they paid that would be most helpful as well but if you don't want to disclose that I understand.
Search for a prior thread on this forum titled: "Save $$$- Before you buy H3" (or something like that...do a partial search)

...........My H3 MSRP on the sticker was $41,780, Dealer invoice was $38,282, and the Supplier Discount was $37,000.78. (The gave me another $3000 for my 2000 xterra) - final price is $34,000.78. .......

Old 11-24-2006, 06:51 PM

Some time you might be better off to sell you old car/truck to the dealer that you bought it from.
If they sell use cars.

My 4Runner i sold back to my dealer. The rip off book (blue book) was 13,000 that what GM was going to give me.

Well i went to my dealer and got 17,000 for it 60k 5 years old.
edmunds.com gives you the real price

The best bet go to hummer.com and build one at least you know what diretion your going in.

Old 11-25-2006, 10:57 AM

I checked out Edmunds.com also for pricing, which is pretty accurate for what one should expect to pay. Sold my Jeep Grand Cherokee myself because the dealer wanted to give me $5K tradein for a vehicle that was KBV'd at nearly $14K at the time. Then went to carsdirect.com as previously posted elsewhere and was hooked up immediately with a fairly closeby dealer who gave me the "no haggle Internet best pricing." It was nearly $4k less than what 2 other dealers had worked up for me previously. Now bear in mind that figure included some rebate incentives. Make sure to ask if there are any. Without looking at my invoicing which is not with me at the moment, I am thinking I was somewhere around $31K in price out the door with tax, tag & title. Also bear in mind, I did not go "lux/adv" - but, base model with a few add ons, ie...sunroof, diff tires, tubular step rails (whatever you call em), tire cover (hard molded black plastic type), etc.. I chose to scrimp a bit on some things because I like to have several toys, rather than putting all my eggs in one basket so to speak. Good luck!

LOVIN MY LITTLE HUMMER! [sm=smiley27.gif]

Old 11-25-2006, 04:47 PM

I went on Autotrader.com and found my 2006 H3 for $28,000 and had 3,100 miles on it...when I called..the dealer said They were asking $32,000 for it, but I told them it was on Autotrader.com for $28,000 and they said they had to honor it..so thats what I payed for it. I thought I did pretty darn good for only having 3,100 miles on.

Old 11-25-2006, 09:15 PM

^5 Tina WTG! Wish I could have found a deal like that! I am presuming it was a demo ???...I'd have sure taken that over the 4 miles on mine to save $3K...would have been $3K more towards the boat (ok the trailor LOL) we are envisioning one day soon

Old 11-25-2006, 11:27 PM

ORIGINAL: LawWyfe

^5 Tina WTG! Wish I could have found a deal like that! I am presuming it was a demo ???...I'd have sure taken that over the 4 miles on mine to save $3K...would have been $3K more towards the boat (ok the trailor LOL) we are envisioning one day soon

[sm=thanx.gif] My H3 that I got was not a demo..I didn't buy it thru a GM dealer..It was a company truck for an executive..not sure why the company gave it up...their loss, my gain...Lovin my H3.