New Member Area Are you new?? WELCOME! Check in, tell us about yourself and your ride.

New to Hummer 3's

Old 01-21-2012, 10:41 AM
Default New to Hummer 3's

Here is a loaded question:

If you were buying a stock H3, which one would you get?
And, of course, why?

I currently have an 03 TJ Sahara and I'm considering trading it for something bigger.

Thanks,
Graham
Canada

Old 01-21-2012, 11:25 AM

If money were no object?

10' H3T Alpha Adventure in manual. Since money is an object I got an 07 lux

Old 01-21-2012, 12:15 PM

Originally Posted by talusfan
If money were no object?

10' H3T Alpha Adventure in manual. Since money is an object I got an 07 lux
Talus: There is no such animal "stock" as the OP asked. No manual trans on any Alphas and no Adventure package either. It would have to be an OffRoad Package for an Alpha or an I5 with the manual trans.

gargyle: It all depends on what you are going to use your H3 for.

Wheeling and a Daily Driver: 2010-2009 H3 Alpha OffRoad (V8, F&R lockers, 4:1 t-case, 285/75R16 tires)

Daily Driver non-wheeler: 2010 H3 Luxury or H3x if you like more chrome. If you want more power than the base I5 then either of the above can be Alphas (V8s).

My personal choice: 2010 H3T (I know you said H3) Alpha OffRoad, Sunroof, Leather, Nav, Rear view camera, Black, RedRock Metallic or Solar Flare Metallic

Last edited by TAINTER; 01-21-2012 at 12:18 PM.
Old 01-21-2012, 01:27 PM

Like TAINTER said, it all depends what you plan on using it for. I assume when you say stock H3 you're talking about an I5? There are deals to be found on the advenure/lux models which are pretty much loaded. I didn't know anything about H3's before i bought mine 2 years ago, all i knew is i wanted this 06 they had on the lot. It turned out to be an adventure package so i ended up with a better deal than i thought. But looking back I think a Lux package would of fit my needs better. I haven't off-roaded it yet and i commute 30 miles each way. the fun i have in it is driving up Mt Hood 30+ times a winter to go snowboarding. i think a Lux with Leather heated seats and a monsoon system with slightly better gas mileage would of been a better choice for me. If you do off-road though i think you have to get the adventure package at least. Good luck with your choice and let us know what you get!

Old 01-21-2012, 04:43 PM
rsc

What would I get if I were to buy again? I would get a 2010 H3T Adventure and take it to Mash Motors for a new 6L engine and then I do a SOA in the back and put Bebe's HD IFS mod on the front. I would cap it all off with 37-38's and a winch bumper.

If I had to factor MY OWN money into it buying it stock right NOW, I'd look for a low mileage '10 H3 Alpha with the Offroad/Adventure package. Afterward I might then look at swapping out the Alpha gearing for the lower I5 gears and 35s, getting the Bulletproof tierods, and maybe a 1" body lift for running 37s. Either 3" longer rear shackles or a rear SOA.

Why? Cuz I want more power than the I5 delivers on the hwy with 35s but the I5 does just fine offroad as is.

Last edited by rsc; 01-21-2012 at 04:58 PM.
Old 01-21-2012, 05:46 PM

Originally Posted by rsc
If I had to factor MY OWN money into it buying it stock right NOW, I'd look for a low mileage '10 H3 Alpha with the Offroad/Adventure package.
Me, too !

I've been thinking about getting another Hummer... an '09 or '10 H3 Alpha... to go with the H3T already in the driveway.

I've already got a couple of bookend 35th limited edition Camaros, so why not a couple of Hummers, too ?

Search this Thread