PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New BCM and now more problems

Search this Thread

Old 07-02-2010, 07:22 AM
Default New BCM and now more problems

Hey all, just got an '06 H3 three weeks ago and really diggin it. But two weeks ago the brake lights stopped working. I thought a bad bulb or fuse, nada. Mechanic friend troubleshot it to the BCM, so took it to the dealer to confirm/replace. Yeap, bad BCM so got a new one. Editorial note, took it in with 72,000 miles. Three days later when I picked it up it had 82,000 miles!!!!! The service manager has never seen this one and is working a fix. Also the keyless remotes dont work and the XM radio is LOCKED (can't even change the station to do a XM reset). But I have brake lights now. I'm thinking they didnt do the reprogramming correctly (but were nice enough to charge me full price). Any ideas???

Old 07-02-2010, 07:30 AM

That sucks, I had the same thing happen with my remotes, after a couple of minutes they started working again, happened twice. The XM radio did the same thing, I called XM and through some magical powers they got it to work.
Good Luck

Old 07-03-2010, 02:22 PM

Well, after a rain storm last night, this morning I found water on the driver side, front and rear floors. Oddly that is where they pulled the seals and panels to troubleshoot the problem. Tues morning I'll 'address' this with the service manager. I'll re-attack with xm to see if they can refresh the signal. The remotes still dont work after three days. The SM said they will reprogram those when I take it in to fix my odometer. Does anyone know if typing in the mileage is part of a BCM Swap?? I dont have ANY confidence in these yahoo's at the dealer, but I'll let them fix their mistake and then never return.