PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New BCM Needed ?!? SOOO FRUSTRATED

Search this Thread

Old 07-31-2007, 04:05 PM
Default New BCM Needed ?!? SOOO FRUSTRATED

I've had my '07 H3 since November and it has 10,500mi on it. The Nav Syst had to be replaced due to a "bug" which cost me about 5 Saturday mornings at the dealership to diagnose and then fix. Now Ive been there for the past 4 weekends because my TPS keeps telling me that I have a tire with low pressure. They have inspected/ fixed/re-programed/ inflated/deflated/ rotated -- just about everything but mas***bated. Now they are telling me that they need to take the truck and give me a loaner while they contact "Tech Support". They say that either the BCM (Body Control Module ???) needs to be replaced or there is a problem with the cluster/gauge and it will need to be replaced. I love my H3 - when it is working -- and yes, now I've been hearing this clunking in the stearing which I am trying to ignore and hope the temp drops so it goes away. Admittedly, I looked at an '07 Rubicon Unlimited yesterday to do an even trade-in, but they can't get it to me for 3 months. I'm getting very frustrated -- 11 weekends out of 32 spent in the dealership since purchase date.

Old 07-31-2007, 05:07 PM
Default RE: New BCM Needed ?!? SOOO FRUSTRATED

Man what a bummer. Getting Lemons sucks. I had a Dodge Dakota in 89 and it vapor locked constantly. Same problems with dealer. Took them forever. They finally drilled a small hole in the fuel filter and it worked fine. Go figure. Hope you get all your problems sorted out.

Old 07-31-2007, 05:20 PM

Sorry to hear about your issues, that's gotta be frustrating. Have hope--if the BCM fixes everything then most of the issues will be repaired. Cooler weather is around the corner so the steering shaft issue won't be as pronounced and will be fixed by GM eventually.

Jumping ship to Jeep won't necessarily fix your issues. My friend's 06 Wrangler has been in the shop 6 times for a coolant leak issue and 4 times for a nasty vibration at 45 mph. It took him suing (and winning) under the lemon law to get it fixed. Now, two months later, the coolant leak is back. He kept his Jeep with the lemon law suit (getting money to compensate for his time) and they are going to need to fix the coolant issue again.

Talk to a Lemon Law lawyer. The lawyer for my Jeep friend was paid by fees to the manufacturer on top of the money he got, not out of it. Even with just the TPM issue you've probably got a good case--you've been very inconvenienced with a safety issue that affects the operation and value of the vehicle.

Old 07-31-2007, 05:21 PM

Makes happy that I did not ditch my old 06 gal to "get a troublefree 07 with all the bugs worked out!" Sorry bout your luck and may they get it right soon and u be troublefree from there on in!

Old 07-31-2007, 10:55 PM

sounds more like a crappy dealership then a crappy car......the dealership can make a simple problem seem lke a pos lemon. Trust me, I drive my JK Rubicon all the time, more than I do my h3 and they have some quirks too, leaking windshields and death wobble aretwo of them.