PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

New android nav unit recommendations

Search this Thread

Old 04-13-2018, 05:44 PM
Default New android nav unit recommendations

Hey guys so my 07 H3 with monsoon 6 disk player is waiting to come out.I want to replace it with a full android unit with 2GB ram and navigation.

Ive been looking around and following a few threads but i would like some user reviews on what works good in our vehicles.

I purchased a crux harness to retain the chimes and monsoon amp i guess and now just need the head unit. I will also be getting headrest screens so i would need those hook ups on the head unit.

I looked on amazon and ebay and theres so many and not so many reviews.
A couple threads on here someone went pumpkin then after a few months said horrible.Another was a chiness 2gb ram unit but no links anymore since its a old thread.

So all link and what you use will be great.
A dvd player built in would be a plus.

Old 04-15-2018, 10:56 AM

Those China made Android head units are hit and miss. From the same manufacturer, you might get a good one or you get one that blows smoke after a few months. I would do lots of research before purchasing. Check other automotive forums as well. The Android units have plenty options for customization. Personally I like the pioneer app radio units but I doubt you can connect additional screens for movie watching. Also much more expensive. If you're a tech guy maybe you can rig up a Raspberry Pi to a few screens and install your own OS, but no DVD player.

Old 04-15-2018, 12:58 PM

The dvd player is not a big deal its not needed.The main need is connection for headrest screens and able to install torque pro. Nav also. Chinese i was leaning to because it has android so download torque easy, navigation,. and even backup and front cam supported but not really needed that was just bonus.

Old 04-25-2018, 07:21 PM

Bumping this up spring is here and i need new system.
want to be able to run torque pro on the system navigation and bonus backup cam/dash cam support but not needed.

I know yall are on here let me know what you think of your system.

As for price i wanted to keep it under 600 CAD

Old 04-26-2018, 04:10 PM

I'm in same.boat, I'm watching this one. I almost went with a China unit, but read some reviews that we're exactly as mentioned above . One is great, next is fried in a month.

My main thing is having the Android app feature, not having to subscribe to anybody for navigation and music through the unit .

Old 06-11-2018, 08:04 AM

would soundstream unit work in the H3 ?