Hummer H3 For the Hummer driver who wants the rugged look and off road capabilities of the Hummer, but in a smaller size and with a more fuel economy friendly engine.

NEED HELP!!! Water leak from the passenger rear c pillar

Old 08-13-2018, 08:29 PM
Default NEED HELP!!! Water leak from the passenger rear c pillar

Hey so I have a 2009 H3, new to this forum, love the vehicle. lately we have been having alot of rain and last week i had water coming from my dome light, it has a sunroof and figured the two drains in the front of the sunroof to clear them out with an air hose. but yesteraday i noticed water in the back as the seats were folded down, everything was soaked underneath the rear seats. I check the head liner and nothing is wet. and thats when i noticed water literally pouring out of the passenger rear c pillar were the seatbelt comes out from the middle of the pillar? What would cause this?????

Old 08-14-2018, 08:57 AM

Originally Posted by Amessina00
Hey so I have a 2009 H3, new to this forum, love the vehicle. lately we have been having alot of rain and last week i had water coming from my dome light, it has a sunroof and figured the two drains in the front of the sunroof to clear them out with an air hose. but yesteraday i noticed water in the back as the seats were folded down, everything was soaked underneath the rear seats. I check the head liner and nothing is wet. and thats when i noticed water literally pouring out of the passenger rear c pillar were the seatbelt comes out from the middle of the pillar? What would cause this?????
there are also rear drain tubes for the sunroof, make sure they are not disconnected or clogged
check that your roof rail bolts haven't caused any cracks

Old 08-14-2018, 09:40 AM
Super Moderator

The "what not to do" is to use compressed air to unclog sunroof drain tubes. Many times it will blow the hoses off the sunroof surround tray connectors and
create a bigger leak.

See this for the fix: https://www.hummerforums.com/forum/h...n-tubes-28548/

You can Google it, there are some vids out there.

Old 08-14-2018, 10:21 AM

Originally Posted by Amessina00
AIR HOSE, NO! Aa DOC stated you can/will blow the hose off the end of the sunroof pan!

Old 08-14-2018, 11:11 AM

Awesome thank you for the advice!!!!!!!