PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Need help picking out new suspension parts.

Search this Thread

Old 12-13-2011, 02:01 PM
Default Need help picking out new suspension parts.

06 hummer h3, 67k miles.

Ok first off I want to get good parts just not top of the line overpriced ones. If you get what I mean.

The hummer has stock lift.

Need these parts.
Front and Rear Sway Bar Links.
Front and Rear Shocks.

I would also like to know what the best way is to Repaint the Tow Hooks.
They are black and you can see alot of wear on them.
Would like to get these repainted.

Please Included Links to what to buy. I Run a Auto Parts Store, But its usally cheapr to buy from Rock Auto.

Thanks in Advance for the help.

Old 12-13-2011, 02:31 PM

All I can answer too is front and rear shocks (Bilstein)
Also I removed Tow Hooks sanded and used rattle-can paint.

Old 12-13-2011, 02:34 PM
Super Moderator

Remove the D rings, scuff with sand paper, rattle can paint them any color you want.

Look at Bilstein front shocks: Trail Duty Bilstein Hummer H3 Shock Absorbers | eBay

I wouldn't bother with the rear unless they are shot, and at your mileage they shouldn't be. You can do Bilsteins front and rear if you think you have to? 4 Hummer H3 H3T Bilstein 5100 Series Leveling Shocks Absorbers Front & Rear 4 Pc | eBay

Old 12-13-2011, 02:36 PM

For sway bar links, I would go with ACDelco or Raybestos. Which ever one you can get cheaper. I would stick with OEM shocks unless you plan on leveling it. In that case I would look into Bilstein 5100's. If you plan on just touching up the tow hooks, I would go with a black Rust-Oleum Enamel. If you plan on taking them off and painting them, I would go with something like Rust-Oleum Hammered black.
RustOleum.com

Old 12-13-2011, 02:43 PM

My stock shocks are delco's not blistiens. Interesting.

Old 12-13-2011, 04:10 PM

Originally Posted by Josh Weis
My stock shocks are delco's not blistiens. Interesting.
I don't see were anyone said your stock shocks were Bilstein. I said if you were thinking about leveling it, I would look into them. Also the OEM shocks are not ACDelco. There is some stuff (actually a lot of stuff) that ACDelco and GM are not the same on.

Old 12-13-2011, 09:11 PM

Originally Posted by SundownAudioNY
I don't see were anyone said your stock shocks were Bilstein. I said if you were thinking about leveling it, I would look into them. Also the OEM shocks are not ACDelco. There is some stuff (actually a lot of stuff) that ACDelco and GM are not the same on.
Well the shocks on my hummer are all acdelco. Would you like me to take a picture. This hummer has had 1 owner. And that owner is me.

Old 12-13-2011, 10:21 PM

I have had the Bilstein shocks and did not like them or their lack of warranty for the price. Put the OEM Alpha OffRoad shocks back on and love the ride and feel!

D-rings: same as said above (sand and paint). If you use the they will get chipped anyway.

Front and Rear Sway Bar Links? Not sure why you would need to replace these but they can get "chewed" up with road salt and such I guess.

Old 12-14-2011, 08:08 AM

I have my front end lifted and I got the Bilstein 5100 shocks at Truckspring.com for $79.00 a piece, front or rear. So far, I like them. Looks like Trail Duty has finally gotten the extended bump stops back in stock. I should be receiving them after the first of the year.

Old 12-14-2011, 08:28 AM

Leveled ours using T-bolts and replaced all 4 shocks with Bilsteins (probably didn't need to do the rears, but wanted new all around). We think they ride great. Cost about $325 total.

As far as the D-rings. Pulled them off, sanded and painted them black. Then clear coated them. 2 cans of rattle-ball spray paint. Looks like OEM.

Never considered the sway bars. All of our suspension parts look real good, and the ride supports that.

Quick Reply: Need help picking out new suspension parts.