Hummer H3 For the Hummer driver who wants the rugged look and off road capabilities of the Hummer, but in a smaller size and with a more fuel economy friendly engine.

Need help... Another wont start issue .....

Old 01-06-2017, 11:05 AM
Default Need help... Another wont start issue .....

Sorry for starting a new one but I don't know if it could be a new problem. Few weeks ago had problems with the 06 h3 3.5 not wanting to start. Seemed like it only happened when the weather was cold out. All lights and accessories would come on and work but no cranking of any kind and no start (only when it was cold roughly 30degrees). I have already changed the battery terminals years back and checked them again. Put on a new ignition electronic switch (black one in the steering column) and a new battery last week. All fuses and relays are good. After new parts hummer is fine even when cold until this morning. 18 degrees outside and no crank no start no nothing. Battery is strong on the tester and all accessories working.

Please help before I get pissed off and sell the only vehicle I have ever loved!

Starter?
Other electronics?
Any ideas?

Old 01-06-2017, 11:09 AM

Also have no aftermarket security systems and have tried multiple keys...

Old 01-06-2017, 01:21 PM
Super Moderator

Is the battery being drained as it sits overnight? Did you test the battery right after the no start?

Might still be a passlock issue?

Old 01-06-2017, 02:50 PM

Yes the test was right after and due to no cranking at all I don't know about the passlock, although I have had issues with that before as well.

Old 01-06-2018, 10:02 AM

Originally Posted by ffmf2101
Yes the test was right after and due to no cranking at all I don't know about the passlock, although I have had issues with that before as well.
Having the exact same issue. Replaces ECM, MAP sensor, cleaned Throttle body, battery good. Only does this when cold. Started right up at the shop because it was in heated environment. Drove it home, sat outside in 5 degree weather, cranks but wont start today....please help, towing back to shop monday.

Old 01-06-2018, 11:36 AM

Hi,
Proper protocol would suggest you start a new thread of your own and with all pertaining information then you'll probably receive assistant.

Old 01-06-2018, 05:35 PM

It is -2 here and I have not started my 07 for a week, however I went out and it started right up. I remember an issue from a customer not being able to start up when below freezing, and found the battery frozen. Check your battery voltage, 12.5v resting.

Old 11-16-2018, 08:13 AM

I am having the same problem and is happeing more and more. From googling, it looks like it could be the imobelizer. well, we leave the car for about 10 min then it starts fine. But the issue is I am now out of country and this is happeing with my wife driving. not cool at all!
I mean, if there's a part I can replace to solve this permanent, I wil do it bit I am getting the impression the real cause is not well know. Any help or suggestions would be greateful

Old 11-16-2018, 11:00 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by Nambass
I am having the same problem and is happeing more and more. From googling, it looks like it could be the imobelizer. well, we leave the car for about 10 min then it starts fine. But the issue is I am now out of country and this is happeing with my wife driving. not cool at all!
I mean, if there's a part I can replace to solve this permanent, I wil do it bit I am getting the impression the real cause is not well know. Any help or suggestions would be greateful
Does your H3 still have the crappy azzed POS OEM Battery Terminal connectors?
#1 KNOWN problem leading to electrical issues with H3s, should be the first mod done to every one of them.

You can also check the wiring harness to the license plate light and trailer plug (If it has the Tow Pkg). Open the back door, look between the chassis and bumper where the harness goes to the plate light to see if it is rubbing the chassis or bumper, frame etc. Mine rubbed through the insulation and was shorting out a current load and would kill the batter overnight, mostly when it was very cold. Pulled the wiring to create some better spacing and placement, coated the worn insulation with liquid electric tape, and no more issues ever.

Old 11-17-2018, 04:50 AM

It snot that the battery run flat. I have chnged the terminals. The issue is that ti don't start but turnng the ignition still crank the engine. It seems to be the same problem than others mentioned about the imobelizer. But am not 100% sure

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Need help... Another wont start issue .....