PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

My first Accident

Search this Thread

Old 03-09-2007, 11:04 AM
Super Moderator
Default My first Accident

[sm=ttiwwp.gif][sm=alcoholic.gif]Long story short, I backed into someone in front of my wife's work. My rear driver's side bumper smooshed in the front pass. side headlight/fender of an older 240SX. I fixed mine last night by removing the rear bumper, straightening my nice Route 66 plates that kinda look nice now [:@]

That car is so low, I literally didn't see it in my mirrors. I was backing into a spot on a side street and this car came behind me, then I went into resverse, then poof. It wasn't too bad, but since the guy and his wife didn't have his ID and insurance, so I got lucky that he doesn't want much. It could have been worse. I'm just giving him some money and it's all good. He was nice, she was nice, my wife's family was all there (happend in front of her sister's tax office) and of course they were making a stink, even though it was my fault, they are saying don't pay they didn't have their ID. Well, I'm a little disturbed now that her sister, brother, etc, all have the mentallity that if you can get away with it, do it. I am all about doing the right thing.

The only thing I have to buy for my H3 is a new bulb for the plate light. The dent is still there, but not a biggie. I'll put the plastic back on tonight and get it looking normal again.

Go Me

Old 03-09-2007, 11:41 AM
Default RE: My first Accident

Sorry to hear that... At least you didn't back up into a Z06. One suggestion---- BACKUP SENSORS! Best thing I did for the truck (except mudflaps and a snipped offantenna!) [:@]

Old 03-09-2007, 11:54 AM
Super Moderator

That car was just as low. Even after I hit the guy, I couldn't see the car in any of my mirrors. I had the mirrors set a little high because I do mostly highway driving, but that was crazy. I didnt see what I hit until I stepped out of the car! So I really wasn't neglegent, but I know to keep my mirrors pointed down now.

Old 03-09-2007, 12:04 PM

doesn't the H3 come with curb assist side view mirrors? they wouldn't help directly behind you, but the H2s side view mirrors tilt down when you put it in reverse.

Old 03-09-2007, 12:08 PM
Super Moderator

No they don't. He was on the side of me in the rear. It's a nasty blind spot I discovered the hard way, not in the typical place you would normally have one. I don't know how to explain it. Since this is the first time I have ever hit anybody in my life, I think I'm doing ok so far for being 31. I finally have a notch on my belt.

Old 03-09-2007, 12:46 PM

Screw that, make them put in an insurance claim .. probably didn't want to because they don't have any insurance themselves or something... I'd NEVER give em money .. hell, why do you think I maintain my insurance!??? Allstate with accident forgiveness baby, yeah ...

Old 03-09-2007, 02:14 PM
Super Moderator

and pay a 500 deductible to fix 800 of damage and have it on my record, when i'm only giving him 600 and save 100 bucks? Not worth it dude. I'd rather work 2 or 3 extra hours and make that money then dealing with the BS that comes with all this.

I have Allstate also, but not worth all the BS.

Old 03-09-2007, 02:37 PM

ORIGINAL: HummerGuy

and pay a 500 deductible to fix 800 of damage and have it on my record, when i'm only giving him 600 and save 100 bucks? Not worth it dude. I'd rather work 2 or 3 extra hours and make that money then dealing with the BS that comes with all this.
jeeez... I need a different job.. I guess crime does pay...

Old 03-09-2007, 03:31 PM
Super Moderator

Hey now, just because I work for a lawfirm doesn't mean people are constantly screwing other people over for money and power and doing things they shouldn't be doing. Oh, wait, nevermind, you are right!

Old 03-09-2007, 03:37 PM

ORIGINAL: HummerGuy

I have Allstate also, but not worth all the BS.
Correct me if I am wrong here .. your deductible is 500, you gave him $600 .. how exactly does that save you $100 bucks!? Sounds like you spent $100 dollars MORE to me. I just don't see the point of maintaining auto insurance if you pay people off cash .. now what if he goes and makes a claim ON TOP OF IT!?!?! Just a thought ...

And *NEVER* expect people to do the right thing when it involves money ... that's like asking to get screwed prison style ....

Quick Reply: My first Accident