PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

monitor kills keyless remote!

Search this Thread

Old 12-30-2011, 04:15 PM
Banned
Default monitor kills keyless remote!

monitor kills keyless remote! oh no, whats next,gps!!
a while ago i grabbed a close out backup cam at walmart just to mess with at home. maybe monitor my driveway. it layed there till i heard here that you can pick up "other" cameras. i figured id just plug it in and see what shows up in my travels.
i plugged the MONITOR in the cigar power and it showed just snow then nothing,so its ready to go.
i left it plugged in,closed the door, and pushed the rem lock; nothing!.
i open the door , got in,closed door,still no rem lock. unplugged mon,rem works fine.drove around,tried every possible combo.
the remote will not work with the mon plugged in,not the camera that does the transmitting!, just the mon!!

just so you know

i think all this "junk" runs on a few frequencies around 462 mhz. its like a cb band for misc junk.

so if im gonna "snoop" around i gotta unplug,or make sure my key is in my hand!

Old 12-31-2011, 07:38 AM

I have heard that people pick up alot of other cameras with these monitors but it hasn't happened yet with mine. On the setup that I have, the camera plugs into a wireless transmitter. So are you thinking that the monitor is producing a "jamming" signal? I do encounter other frequencies that will scramble the signal alittle, such as the electric dog fence but thats about the extent of any interference i get.

Old 12-31-2011, 08:37 AM
Banned

i have no idea how , or why a mon would make or radiate any signal i just post it to add to the confusion about remotes not working!! like mine when my obd2 scan is plugged in. someone else has a gps problem. lucky we still have a simple old fashioned key to get in and also start up. have you seen the oddball stuff being used for keys? my daughter got a dodge mini with a weird looking piece of plastic,probably with a lot of expensive elex inside.