Hummer H3 For the Hummer driver who wants the rugged look and off road capabilities of the Hummer, but in a smaller size and with a more fuel economy friendly engine.

LT vs. P rated tires on H3?

Old 10-17-2007, 10:08 PM
Default RE: LT vs. P rated tires on H3?

[sm=funnypostabove.gif] Lucky for me i still single...But thanks for the tips for marital bliss
On the key question, my truck tends to "pop" a little every now and then. Do i need to be concerned w/ this? Or should i just let it go? Normally i have the radio pretty loud so it doesn't bother me, i just don't want to have a problem...

Old 11-04-2007, 06:01 PM

ORIGINAL: f5fstop

ORIGINAL: mh307

P tires come on the h3, i believe the biggest difference is in the weight rating, i think they should look exactly the same. I just took off my factory Ptires for LT BFGoodrich A/T's and they seem to ride a tad rougher, but that could be the size difference. I love 'em though, they're an awesome awesome tire....
My bridgestones are labeled LT285/75R16 so the statement that"P tires come on the h3" may only be correct for the Goodyear Wrangler Tires that come on the base vehicle without the off-road suspension.
I just checked mine and I have the goodyears with a "P" rating. WILL be buying BFG A/T 33's for christmas

Old 11-18-2007, 05:17 PM

I have a question, I like to think that I know a little bit about working on my cars, an expert by no means! However, I'm kind of a moron when it comes to the tires. I've had BFG A/T before but they were onmy oldtruck when I bought it. I just raised the front end 2" and want to put bigger tires on it. I have the stock Tactical 16" rims and want to keep them. SO, in dummy terms, what is the size that I am looking for? 35's and 33's are called what? Do I go with 35x12.50x16? Not saying that it will NEVER go off road, but it won't be often, mainly a pavement pounder that I want to look capable. If you know what I'm saying.

Old 11-18-2007, 06:04 PM

I went with Firestone Destination AT 285/75R16. One size up from the P rated 265s that came on my truck. I love the 285s. No difference in the ride or gas mileage and they look 100% better than the stock goodyears. Also the tread is pretty aggressive but rides smooth with no noise. I pulled my hair out for three weeks trying to decide what to do for tires and wheels. All the research paid off and I made the perfect choice for my needs. Also, The LT rating is the way to go!!