PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Wanted complete rear axle G80 locker, with disk brakes

Search this Thread

Old 05-01-2011, 11:30 PM
Default Wanted complete rear axle G80 locker, with disk brakes

willing to pay 400-800 depending on what it has, what shape it's in

Old 05-02-2011, 12:58 AM

First, welcome!

H3 rear diffs are open, unless they are Adventure/OffRoad package vehicles which have an Eton Electronic locker. I5s have 4:56s and Alphas (V8s) have 4:10 gears and ALL H3s came with rear disc brakes.

So it looks like you are trying to "sell" us some engine swap wiring harnesses. Hmmm, you don't know the differences between the GMT 345s and the GMT 355s but you know all about what will fit and work properly????????

Old 05-02-2011, 01:44 AM

Originally Posted by TAINTER
First, welcome!

H3 rear diffs are open, unless they are Adventure/OffRoad package vehicles which have an Eton Electronic locker. I5s have 4:56s and Alphas (V8s) have 4:10 gears and ALL H3s came with rear disc brakes.

So it looks like you are trying to "sell" us some engine swap wiring harnesses. Hmmm, you don't know the differences between the GMT 345s and the GMT 355s but you know all about what will fit and work properly????????
The 345s as I have so graciously learned from.. you!!! And you have certainly rubbed it in!! Are similar enough wiring wise..at least engine wise, that yes I can build a wiring harness! You obviously can't just take a harness meant for a COLORADO SWAP and install it on a 345 hummer!!

Sorry I don't know every exact mechanical difference, from a Colorado to a H3!!!

Old 05-02-2011, 02:22 PM

That is exactly the problem. You don't know every mechanical and electrical function of the GMT 345s. But you say you can build a harness and that the swap is fairly stright forward!

Then you will also realize hopefully sooner than later that the engine management systems are in no way similar either. There are specific systems to the H3/H3T GMT 345s that are not present on any other GM product.

Their for a cut and splice harness will be incomplete and not function properly with our platform. Right now the best thing going is the Mash Motors swap which is pricy but very complete. New engine harness (from GM), ECM, TCM and reprogrammed BCM.

Old 05-02-2011, 07:43 PM

Originally Posted by TAINTER
That is exactly the problem. You don't know every mechanical and electrical function of the GMT 345s. But you say you can build a harness and that the swap is fairly stright forward!

Then you will also realize hopefully sooner than later that the engine management systems are in no way similar either. There are specific systems to the H3/H3T GMT 345s that are not present on any other GM product.

Their for a cut and splice harness will be incomplete and not function properly with our platform. Right now the best thing going is the Mash Motors swap which is pricy but very complete. New engine harness (from GM), ECM, TCM and reprogrammed BCM.

"Build" a harness is the key word here! I didn't say I have them on the shelf waiting! I would do each one on a case me case basses, and using the vin number I would learn, and look at every electrical function on the donor vehicle, and the donor motor, than carefully match and mingle/mate the two to geather! There would be a new and or used PCM/TCM which ever the customer wanted, programmed etc.. I don't know weather the BCM would need to be reprogrammed or not..??? Silicon Boy didn't mention that in his thread, nor did he use Mash motors harness, or a GM harness. Obviously we don't know if Silicon boy actually did get the BCM reprogrammed, and just forgot to mention that in his thread. In the same token do you know for a fact that all the BCM's need to be reprogrammed?? Even if you do, I am sure you won't tell me.. that is fine, I am just trying to make a point. Please do not take offense!

Just for laughs I was the first one to figure-out (with help from some other people) why the colorado/canyons had a constant battery light on after a V8 swap. And I figured out how to fix it. I am not just some idiot I am knowledgeable, with wiring, and the GM LAN/ CAN systems serial data systems etc.. You just can't through in any V8 computer/program into colorado/canyon trucks and exspect the gauges to function! I assume the H3 is the same way. Example the instrument cluster does not directly communicate with the speed sensors, temp sensors, or tach signal. These are communicated Via serial cable... this I know for a fact is the same verses colorado/canyon/H3. This does not mean I know everything there is to know.. of course!!

Old 05-03-2011, 11:33 AM

Originally Posted by 04colyZQ8
"Build" a harness is the key word here! I didn't say I have them on the shelf waiting! I would do each one on a case me case basses, and using the vin number I would learn, and look at every electrical function on the donor vehicle, and the donor motor, than carefully match and mingle/mate the two to geather! There would be a new and or used PCM/TCM which ever the customer wanted, programmed etc.. I don't know weather the BCM would need to be reprogrammed or not..??? Silicon Boy didn't mention that in his thread, nor did he use Mash motors harness, or a GM harness. Obviously we don't know if Silicon boy actually did get the BCM reprogrammed, and just forgot to mention that in his thread. In the same token do you know for a fact that all the BCM's need to be reprogrammed?? Even if you do, I am sure you won't tell me.. that is fine, I am just trying to make a point. Please do not take offense!

Just for laughs I was the first one to figure-out (with help from some other people) why the colorado/canyons had a constant battery light on after a V8 swap. And I figured out how to fix it. I am not just some idiot I am knowledgeable, with wiring, and the GM LAN/ CAN systems serial data systems etc.. You just can't through in any V8 computer/program into colorado/canyon trucks and exspect the gauges to function! I assume the H3 is the same way. Example the instrument cluster does not directly communicate with the speed sensors, temp sensors, or tach signal. These are communicated Via serial cable... this I know for a fact is the same verses colorado/canyon/H3. This does not mean I know everything there is to know.. of course!!
I got a complete axle I was saving for myself. It don't have a locker but it's got what else you would need. And I did zip off the stability bar mounts thinking I was going to put a truss on it but I don't have the time. I don't know this 100% but I have sold a few colly guys the bracket, disk, backing plate, rotors and calipers off a H3 rear axle. I've never had them email me back with issues so I assume it works. It might just bolt rite up. Shipping to BC would be a lot if you wanted the whole axle.

Email me and I can help you out I'm sure. i got tons of colly parts too.
sales@ridgedemon.com

Old 05-03-2011, 03:10 PM

Originally Posted by theBroken
I got a complete axle I was saving for myself. It don't have a locker but it's got what else you would need. And I did zip off the stability bar mounts thinking I was going to put a truss on it but I don't have the time. I don't know this 100% but I have sold a few colly guys the bracket, disk, backing plate, rotors and calipers off a H3 rear axle. I've never had them email me back with issues so I assume it works. It might just bolt rite up. Shipping to BC would be a lot if you wanted the whole axle.

Email me and I can help you out I'm sure. i got tons of colly parts too.
sales@ridgedemon.com

Thanks I will send an email.