PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Low Tire Warning Light !

Search this Thread

Old 12-07-2008, 04:16 PM
Default Low Tire Warning Light !

Just wondering if anybody has had the low tire warning light come on the dash when in 4 wheel high loc.My Alpha did it today,on a snow covered road when I hit the gas.I checked the tires and all fine.Ireset the low tire warning light with the dash resetswitch and kept ongoing,all fine,and the tire warning never came back on.Also,is the 08 Alpha all wheel drive,cause when I hit the gas on snow, in 2 wheel dr,the *** end does not fish tail too much, compared to my 05 Z71 chevy 4x4pickup thatI had before.One final thing,the Bridgestone tires on my Alpha have the Nitro stuff in them.When a tire gets low do you putair in it,or does the nitro stuff have to go in.Just some things the salesman at the hummer dealership forgot to tell me.Must have been a new boots.Thanks..

Old 12-07-2008, 05:35 PM
Default RE: Low Tire Warning Light !

We have not noticed it while in 4 wheel drive but ever sence the weather got cold here about 3 weeks ago, the light comes on briefly then turns off after the tires heat up. I have not checked the pressure because I felt that it was just due to cold. All the tires looked good visually. The diagnostic test that OnStar sent us this month did not mention anything about a tire issue. We owned a jeep liberty that would tell you each tires pressure. I wish the Hummers did the same, it was a cool option. But who wants a jeep when you can have a Hummer.

Old 12-08-2008, 08:57 AM

Your tire light comes on because your tires are a little low on pressure. When it gets cold out the air shrinks, and makes your tires low on pressure. When you start driving the air in your tires heat up, and the air expands which will cause you light to go off.
Check your tire pressure in the morning and it will probably be below 30 psi.

Also all H3's are fulltime 4wd, that is why it goes straight in the snow, unlike your truck that was RWD.

Old 12-08-2008, 11:44 AM

I had the low tire warning light come on after the temperature dropped with the tires inflated to about 35 psi. With them inflated t0 38 psi, it hasn't happened yet. The prevailing opinion seems to be that the tire pressure warning is a POS.

As leasedh3alpha pointed out H3's are always in 4WD. Spend a little time reading the owner's manual in detail & it will become clear. If you don't understand the 4WD modes then you can't get the most advantage out of your truck's capabilities.

In my opinion, filling tires with nitrogen is typically just a way to fill the dealer's pockets with your money. My dealer recommended a nitrogen fill the last time I took the truck in for service, but then again they also recommended a new air filter to replace my K&N so their credibility is already suspect. Air is already 79% nitrogen, so for most of us there just isn't enough benefit to justify the extra cost. I'm sure there are exceptions but not for most of us.

B.L. Flank
'07 Adventure, blingfree