Hummer Forums - Enthusiast Forum for Hummer Owners

Hummer Forums - Enthusiast Forum for Hummer Owners (https://www.hummerforums.com/forum/)
-   PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds (https://www.hummerforums.com/forum/private-sale-trade-classifieds-10/)
-   -   Low Tire light on! (https://www.hummerforums.com/forum/private-sale-trade-classifieds-10/low-tire-light-14999/)

manwithnoname 03-12-2009 11:09 AM

Low Tire light on!

If I get a low tire pressure lamp and correct the pressure, the tire indicator on the dash will not go out like the manual states. I have tried two gauges to ensure the pressure is correct? My H3 is an 09. Anybody else having this happen?

dh3521 03-12-2009 01:11 PM

yea its pretty damn annoying... i forgot how i got it turned off the first time. search the forums its around here somewhere

Doc Olds 03-12-2009 01:16 PM

Search feature could help you with thise issues, been talked about pleanty.

From what I have seen, about 85% of the time it is operator error.

What PSI are you inflating to? If you follow the door jam info instead of the tire info, and it gets cold (like it does in winter) you'll get false TPMS alerts.

I have set all mine at exactly 38 PSI cold and never have had a problem.... one of the keys to ridding this problem is making sure all 4 tires are the same PSI. The spare does not matter, it is not supposed to be programmed in the loop .... but your dealer could have swapped it out at prep?

Welcome to the forums.

wfturner 03-12-2009 03:35 PM

Doc Olds is right on . . .
Keep your tires above 35 PSI. I too, keep mine about 38 PSI
Better mileage on the highway, too.
The spare tire is another animal altogether.
It is supposed to be kept at 50 PSI.
I keep mine at 55 PSI and I don't get those annoying code light and chimes
on cold mornings here in the mountains

Raffi76 03-12-2009 06:22 PM

Originally Posted by wfturner (Post 200534)
Doc Olds is right on . . .
Keep your tires above 35 PSI. I too, keep mine about 38 PSI
Better mileage on the highway, too.
The spare tire is another animal altogether.
It is supposed to be kept at 50 PSI.
I keep mine at 55 PSI and I don't get those annoying code light and chimes
on cold mornings here in the mountains

the rear tire is not monitored, thats why you dont get them.

manwithnoname 03-12-2009 10:36 PM

Low Tire Light fix

Sounds like the clear fix is to over inflate the tires from what the door jam say's. So I tried it and it solved the problem. GM should lighten up on the PSI range a little. If the door jam say's 35 then that should work. By the way, it took 3 trips around town before the light went out!
Thanks for the fix.

yuflesh 03-12-2009 10:50 PM

that is very interesting. Are you guys saying that door sticker is not to be followed.

On my 06 (stock tires) it says 30 psi for all tires with exception of spare at 35.....

Should I be putting more pressure into them. I do think they "sag" a bit at 30, but I was just following instructions.

HummBob 03-13-2009 12:59 AM

COULD be temperature related as well.....I know when it's REALLY COLD, my sensors on the Escalade's go off.....

francisc006 03-13-2009 02:09 AM

dealer should reset that tire light for you free of charge.. nitrogen in your tires will also help as it doesnt change psi in different weather temperatures

JGBB04 03-13-2009 02:12 AM

F**K TPMS, check your tires once a month & your good. Most light trucks/suv shuold run 35-40psi on road any thing other than that your looking @ uneven tire wear. My first 2 onstar reports has said they can't read TPMS but yet I get no dash light & manual check of tire psi is @35.