PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

Locked out, Key fob AND keys don't work. Help?

Search this Thread

Old 01-07-2013, 09:27 PM
Default Locked out, Key fob AND keys don't work. Help?

Yesterday, key fob would not unlock the doors so I replaced the battery for the key fob but that didn't even work. Car was driven just fine before that so couldn't have been battery for the car. To add more frustration, the keys wont unlock the one door that opens the car since someone tampered with my locks a long time ago and the dealer said that there was nothing they could do but replace the whole door. Now I wish I had. No On-Star as well. So many wishes Any ideas on how to get inside?

Old 01-07-2013, 09:50 PM

Ya might have to pick a cheap window huh!
??

Old 01-08-2013, 06:01 AM
Default your key has to work or its the wrong key

use your factory key to get in.....if those keys dont work then you dont have the correct key....both the ignition and the door lock are one in the same....so if the truck started with that key prior and now you cant get in by simply unlocking with manual key turn....there is something very wrong with this....are your door locks frozen?.....something broken inside the key lock itself?....doesnt make sense...try it again...good luck

Old 01-08-2013, 08:31 AM
Super Moderator

I'm thinking your truck battery is dead, or.... you have finally fell victim to the POS OEM battery terminals that so many threads here advise should be cut off and replaced ASAP.

Your dealer is FOS, you do not have to replace the door to repair a non functioning door lock. Any body shop should be able to take care of that, one to the rods to the door handle/lock mechanism is probably either broke, bent or missing.

Old 01-09-2013, 02:23 PM
Banned

Had this problem with my newly purchased h2. Had Auto Club come down and slim jim the door. After he opened it, he looked at me funny as i was holding the keys. I said my tumblers were tampered with. Unsure if he understood. The key fob would work sometimes and then not. I thought it was the receiving antenna. I gambled and purchased two new key fobs from ebay and programmed them with manuals instructions. Never had a problem since 2009 January when i purchased it. I didnt even bother to fix the tumblers.