PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Locked keys inside, any way in?

Search this Thread

Old 04-14-2012, 02:08 PM
Default Locked keys inside, any way in?

No onstar, of which they wont let me reactivate without hitting the button inside the vehicle, no spare because well... Same old story.

Ive got lock smith number on standby but is there any other way to get in? Doesnt look like the good ol' coat hanger will work on it, unless theres a "spot" where itll work.

The hammer of course is my last resort.

Old 04-14-2012, 04:35 PM
Banned
Default gotta be a first

pick the cheapest window!!

do dealers have a master key?, master remote??

lesson learned, backup the backup.
ive got a hidden key/rem.

Old 04-14-2012, 05:01 PM

Originally Posted by GuestWho

The hammer of course is my last resort.
I think a locksmith will be a A LOT cheaper than any window. Do you have any towing insurance? Might be included.

Old 04-14-2012, 06:17 PM

OnStar? If you don't have it they may make you start an account.

Could be cheaper than a window replacement!

Old 04-14-2012, 06:36 PM

You don't need to push the On-Star button, you can call them at: 888-466-7827 (unless you locked your cell phone in the truck too)

Old 04-14-2012, 07:43 PM
Banned

[quote][No onstar, of which they wont let me reactivate without hitting the button inside the vehicle/QUOTE]

he said up front

i wonder just how much they would want to know from you if you called in on a cell in a walmart lot, with a vin #. swould they unlok my h3,FOR YOU?
i spose the;re fussy, kinda want proof of who owns what.

oh darn , i unhooked my on*!!

Old 04-14-2012, 08:19 PM

[quote=drtom;276209]
[No onstar, of which they wont let me reactivate without hitting the button inside the vehicle/QUOTE]

he said up front

i wonder just how much they would want to know from you if you called in on a cell in a walmart lot, with a vin #. swould they unlok my h3,FOR YOU?
i spose the;re fussy, kinda want proof of who owns what
He said: "won't let me reactivate" which indicates to me that he previously had an account, which would mean they'd have his password, driver's license number, urine specimen........ Good 'ol drtom, always ready to jump on somebody's mis-step! Tainter, how EXACTLY do you go about blocking someone's posts?

Old 04-14-2012, 09:00 PM

I managed to lock myself out of my Chevy with it's engine still running. The locksmith forced an air bladder between the body and the top corner of the door frame, pumped it up until there was about a 1/2 inch gap between door and body, and then used a steel rod to flick the door lock open. No damage done!

The H3 might be a tougher nut to crack though.

Old 04-14-2012, 09:05 PM

Tainter, how EXACTLY do you go about blocking someone's posts?[/QUOTE]

Sorry, i chimed in . . .

Go up to top of page and click on - USER CP
Then scroll down to - Edit ignore List
Add in "drtom" and click - OK
Poof, he's gone from any and all threads

Last edited by wfturner; 04-14-2012 at 09:12 PM.
Old 04-14-2012, 09:46 PM

Originally Posted by NJTEX
I managed to lock myself out of my Chevy with it's engine still running. The locksmith forced an air bladder between the body and the top corner of the door frame, pumped it up until there was about a 1/2 inch gap between door and body, and then used a steel rod to flick the door lock open. No damage done!

The H3 might be a tougher nut to crack though.
Did finally call a lock smith (the other lock smith isnt open on week ends) and this is the method he used, tho they arnt always available... Now I have 2 backups, one on the top of the skid plate and the other under the fake snorkle thing so thats lesson finally learned.

Honestly, I thought I could just reactivate onstar and have them unlock the doors but apparently once you deactivate they cant send the data link back to the vehicle until you hit the button. I even tried onstar a second time and used the dog sob story and it was a no go.

Last edited by GuestWho; 04-14-2012 at 10:32 PM.

Quick Reply: Locked keys inside, any way in?