PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

Leveling kit vs torsion bar crank

Search this Thread

Old 03-15-2008, 07:05 PM
Default Leveling kit vs torsion bar crank

Sorry if this has been beaten to death but is it worth buying a leveling kit vs cranking up the torsion bars? I am going to be putting on 35x12.50 mud grapplers and the h3 that I saw a set on had the leveling kit. Can I raise it up enough with just the torsion bars to clear 35"s?

If I do go with a leveling kit are there some that are better than others? What should I be looking for? Btw this will be going on an '08 Alpha, I'm not sure if that makes a difference or not.

Thanks,
Ryan

Old 03-15-2008, 07:19 PM
Default RE: Leveling kit vs torsion bar crank

First let me say that my wife and daughter and standing here watching me so that we can leave so I'm not trying to be "short" with you.

Yes, you can clear H3's with the TB crank. You are going to get all kinds of different opinions here in the next few hours watch. But let me say that the TB crank will do just fine. Many of us have done it and have had no problems from it. I only put 33's on mine but I do know of some on here with 35's and they say they are just fine.

Good luck in your search .

Old 03-15-2008, 09:03 PM

great googly moogly!!!!!

I still say we make the search button like neon yellow and blinking with a big azz arrow pointing to it.

35's wil clear with NO LIFT AT ALL!!! Tbar crank is not needed...but helpful at full stuff.

A leveling kit is a waste of money...all it does is reindex the starting point of the keys...that is all!! Crank the keys to where you are level...if in time because of winch/bumpers/use, the front starts to sag then crank it again...if you ever get to the point that you have no more room to crank..THEN get the leveling keys at this will reindex the t-bars and give you a few more inches of cranking room.

Old 03-15-2008, 10:08 PM
Super Moderator

Impy I think you are right. The search button should be a bright red flashing sign.

Old 03-15-2008, 10:29 PM

Sounds like something which should be addedto the FAQ along with options on locking gas caps, brushguards, what size tire fit stock, etc....

Old 03-15-2008, 11:03 PM

Hmm, leveling kits and torsion bar cranks . . . it IS a part of the FAQs.[][][]

Old 03-16-2008, 12:51 PM

[sm=headbang.gif]DAM..thought the faq was just the sticky posts...ok..i'll be the dumbass of the day

Old 03-16-2008, 12:55 PM

someone had to ask this question again to keep it frequent...right? lol

Old 03-16-2008, 01:01 PM
Super Moderator

No worries... everybody here asks the obvious now and then....

Old 03-16-2008, 06:43 PM

DOn't torsion keys give you lift wile not giveing you a rock hard ride? Mine a 2.5" were annoying. Made a 46000 truck feel like joe bobs lifted chevy. The keys lightened the bumps.

Quick Reply: Leveling kit vs torsion bar crank