PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Leveling kit question-and yes, I read the FAQ first :)

Search this Thread

Old 12-11-2007, 08:20 PM
Default Leveling kit question-and yes, I read the FAQ first :)

Hi guys. I'm interested in doing a leveling kit, and as my title suggests, I thoroughly read the FAQ first. I'm left with a couple of questions:

1. It seems that the majority of folks on here who went with a leveling kit use the Truxxx kit, and yet the FAQ implies that the other Ready lift is the better one because it is one piece? I would be interested to hear some input from folks who have either and have had them on their H3 for a WHILE...

and...

2. I got it loud and clear that you can just crank your torsion bars to achieve the lift. However, if I remember correctly from my mini-truck days...getting near either end of the travel of the bars limits the additional travel you can get. English translation: if I torque 'em to achieve the lift, am I not just limiting the travel in that direction to almost nothing because I've already cranked them nearly to the end of their travel???

and finally...I'm thinking I want to do a leveling kit AND longer shocks. Anybody do this? I am selling my Wrangler, so I'm actually going to 'wheel the H3 and I need the performance that goes along with the look. I'm probably going to get a tire around 34"....as I still need some decent fuel economy and I wouldn't mind the acceleration remaining livable.

I would really appreciate some input. I'm ready to order!!!!!

Thanks!

Old 12-11-2007, 08:32 PM
Super Moderator
Default RE: Leveling kit question-and yes, I read the FAQ first :)

As to your #2. A 3 ain't nomini truck. A levelling kit is a T bar KEY. The stock key will get you all the lift you need. A levelling kit KEY does nothing but reindex the starting point of the key to torsion bar. So, if you are with me, whether you use a levelling KEY or the stock one, the T bar in the front A arm where it twists like a spring is in THE SAME POSTION.A levelling KEY does notextend thetravel of your suspension.

Longer shocks is the way to go, spend your $$ there and skip the key.

Old 12-11-2007, 08:56 PM

Thanks for the input-that was the answer I needed.

Old 12-12-2007, 04:39 AM

yep,doc has it right on the nose........or shock.......hes got it

Old 12-12-2007, 09:11 AM

I did the same thing on my Durango. Just dont lift the front all the way up. Leave a good 2 inches of downward travel on the A-Arms. Get some Rancho's. then Shackle the rear for some more lift.

Old 12-12-2007, 01:31 PM

actually the ready lift kit comes with extended shock mounts so you do get the same travel and do not have to buy longer shocks

Old 12-12-2007, 01:42 PM

A 1" drop out back and a 3/4" lift in front will do the same job,...and be better for the front suspension, CV Joints etc. Also,..the rear end won't look like it's been jacked upfor a tirechange all the time.

Old 12-12-2007, 04:48 PM

Cranking the T-Bars will give you a spring like ride. Keys will keep the stock ride. Alignment after either....This is the truth. I lived it, and did both. I like the ReadyLift keys better.

If youhave the money, do keys. If not twist them up. No more then 4 complete turns though. Mark one of the flats on the t-bar adjust bolt so you will know how many revs you've done.

Good luck.....Do the keys...LOL

Old 12-12-2007, 05:25 PM

I cant say from experience, but from all that I have read up on... I would say that the T-Bar crank with newcognito shocks would be best. What makes the kit better than that?

Old 12-12-2007, 07:15 PM

I felt screwed after I installed my Ready Lift kit.

With everyone saying there is enough room left on the stock keys to level the truck, whats the point in aftermarket keys?

Others note that the stock keys provide a crappy ride when cranked. That's completely psycological.

You've got a given bar that must have a given amount of tension placed into to create a given ride hight.

The aftermarket keys are going to place the same exact amount of tension in the bars as the stock keys, generating the same end result.

So take it from a Ready Lift kit owner, don't waste your money!

Quick Reply: Leveling kit question-and yes, I read the FAQ first :)