PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

leaking moon roof, surprise surprise

Search this Thread

Old 06-02-2011, 09:12 AM

Originally Posted by mudrock
update- we took the hummer to the dealership, they gave us a loaner car and are going to send the hummer to a local GM dealership to be fixed. no cost to us.

Cool, had mine done when I brought my H3 and experienced the leak, now I keep them clear by every once in awhile running the hose across the top, even between washes, so as to keep the fine dust and pollen from reclogging them up.....

Old 06-02-2011, 09:25 AM
Smile

I have an 08 and had the same problem. The drain tube was not fully seated where it goes through the fire wall on the driver's side. My driver's side carpet was soaked after every rain or car wash. I was able to reach up in there and push on the tube to "lock" it in place. It is kind of like a gromet connection. I have not had a problem since. The tube does have sort of a "p" trap in it also before it goes through the fire wall, that is why people are have in a hard time getting weed wacker line all the way through.

Hope this helps anyone else out there.

Old 06-02-2011, 09:33 AM

Originally Posted by nelsontj
I have an 08 and had the same problem. The drain tube was not fully seated where it goes through the fire wall on the driver's side. My driver's side carpet was soaked after every rain or car wash. I was able to reach up in there and push on the tube to "lock" it in place. It is kind of like a gromet connection. I have not had a problem since. The tube does have sort of a "p" trap in it also before it goes through the fire wall, that is why people are have in a hard time getting weed wacker line all the way through.

Hope this helps anyone else out there.
Can you post a pic, or describe in detail where the location on the firewall is? Also, have you found the passenger side location? Thanks

Old 06-02-2011, 06:43 PM

BEWARE! I have a 07 NO MOON roof and the passenger side floor board was totally soaked under the weathertec floor mat. After some research found water leaking right kick panel above and to the left of the antenna grommet there a body seam is leaking.Going to local dealer tomorrow to see what they say. Bought from same dealer in 07 used with 21,000miles on it now has 58,000 have spoken with dealer two days ago and said its out of warranty i commented on the 6year 100,000mile corrosion warranty and they say its for rust. I will find out tomorrow am.

Old 06-05-2011, 10:13 AM

we are still waiting on the hummer to get back, the traction stability failure notice came on too on the way to the dealership. some 150 point inspection they did

Old 06-06-2011, 07:03 PM

Glad to hear Hummer is stepping up to the plate for your. I have moonroof too, I live in one of the most rainiest places on earth and no problems yet with it. The "Silicone Grease" on the rubber is a must for us here, so i can tell you that that is a great idea!

What is a problem is those two forward rivets on the the plastic roof rails. they sit recessed on the rails and collect water (the two black plastics that run on the outer edge of the roof.) The rivet in there is rusted to no end. Got some silicone in there for now, but even noticed some discoloring around the OnStar mic in the ceiling and I bet you that is the culprit. Might want to check that!

Great post!

Old 06-19-2011, 07:24 AM

thanks for all the help guys! we got the hummer back last night. the dealership claimed everything was fixed. we got a pretty serious storm here last night and i noticed the windows were all fogged with moisture, so i went in and what do u know, about 2 inches of water in the truck again. this about 4 hours after bringing it home. so we have had the truck a total of 5 days, its been in the shop the other 3 weeks. does anyone have any other recommendations? we really like the hummer, but maybe not this one. ive been doin some research and we might try to return it. from what ive been reading we might be screwed.

Old 06-19-2011, 07:50 AM

Originally Posted by mudrock
thanks for all the help guys! we got the hummer back last night. the dealership claimed everything was fixed. we got a pretty serious storm here last night and i noticed the windows were all fogged with moisture, so i went in and what do u know, about 2 inches of water in the truck again. this about 4 hours after bringing it home. so we have had the truck a total of 5 days, its been in the shop the other 3 weeks. does anyone have any other recommendations? we really like the hummer, but maybe not this one. ive been doin some research and we might try to return it. from what ive been reading we might be screwed.
Take it back to the dealership, tell them to pull it into their car wash with a tech sitting inside, and DON'T COME OUT 'TILL HE FINDS THE LEAK!!

Old 06-19-2011, 08:29 AM
Banned

when i check my skylite i pour a glass or 2 of water down each corner. if i had water on the floor , I WOULD SIT INSIDE while someone ran the hose!.
i also routinely rub down the glass rubber seal and metal edge with silicone grease. the roof MUST leak but the drains should handle the leak.

i never had a gm vehicle that did not get a wet floor,xcept my h3!!
i sold the s10 and pulled up the carpet in the pontiac transporte since i use it just for a work truck. i have no idea how the water gets in,it just does. the s10 had no sunroof.

Old 06-19-2011, 09:26 AM

Originally Posted by Broken Halo
Take it back to the dealership, tell them to pull it into their car wash with a tech sitting inside, and DON'T COME OUT 'TILL HE FINDS THE LEAK!!
thats actually a great idea.

Quick Reply: leaking moon roof, surprise surprise