Hummer Forums - Enthusiast Forum for Hummer Owners

Hummer Forums - Enthusiast Forum for Hummer Owners (https://www.hummerforums.com/forum/)
-   PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds (https://www.hummerforums.com/forum/private-sale-trade-classifieds-10/)
-   -   Keyless Entry Alarm (https://www.hummerforums.com/forum/private-sale-trade-classifieds-10/keyless-entry-alarm-1444/)

khoolhandz 08-10-2006 02:03 AM

Keyless Entry Alarm

So today I drove to work as usual, plugged my ipod to play some tunes. Got to work, tried to turn the alarm on, nothing happens. Hmmm maybe I left one of the doors open, so I checked everything...reclosed everything..tried...nothing happens.

Lunch time I decided to head out to Walmart (2 blocks away from where I work) and bought a new battery. Put them in the keyfob, tried...nothing happens. Hmmm, what the hell is going on?!?

I got frustrated with this damn keyfob at the walmart parking lot so I went back to work. Grabbed my Ipod before stepping out the H3....hit the Lock button and then whoa, it locked and the alarm activated!!! Hmmm maybe the new battery worked.

Fast forward 5 hours later, on the way home I decided to stop over my sisters house....tried to lock and activate the alarm...nothing happens...this time I'm soo frustrated I wanna drive 50miles to my dealer....but instead I went home, grabbed my extra keyfob...tried it...NOTHING FRIGGIN' HAPPENS!!!!!!

Grrrrrrrr, I spent 30 minutes inside the H3 reading the manual to troubleshoot my problem....

With no success, I gave up, grabbed my ipod and decided I'm going inside our house and go to the dealer first thing tomorrow morning.

Well, guess what happened as I tried for the last time to lock and activate the alarm, it worked!!!

Then it dawned on me, my ipod was playing and connected to the iRiver FM Transmitter when I was having this problem....so I plugged my ipod to the iRiver, played a tune...tried to lock the doors and activate alarm...doesn't work....with the ipod unhooked from the iRiver it worked.

Finally figured out that the FM transmitter is interfering with the keyless entry & alarm system. Damn I feel stupid.

blackstangs281 08-10-2006 07:45 AM

RE: Keyless Entry Alarm

At least you figured it out..........and saved some other people some greef who have or will have the same problem.:D

zibby 08-10-2006 04:12 PM

good thing that iRiver and iPod didn't unlock your car. LOL

bigjdhoss 12-15-2006 12:28 PM

I have the same problem with it not working in certain areas. However, I am not using any kind of RF devices around my vehicle. Once, it did not work in an underground parking garage. Today, it did not work in my garage at home. As soon as I opened the door manually and started the vehicle, I drove to another location and everything worked again.

Not sure what to make of this issue. I believe some satellites are not in the right place at the right time. Who knows?

khoolhandz 12-15-2006 11:30 PM

ORIGINAL: bigjdhoss

I have the same problem with it not working in certain areas. However, I am not using any kind of RF devices around my vehicle. Once, it did not work in an underground parking garage. Today, it did not work in my garage at home. As soon as I opened the door manually and started the vehicle, I drove to another location and everything worked again.

Not sure what to make of this issue. I believe some satellites are not in the right place at the right time. Who knows?
Could be your garage door opener if you have one.