PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Keyless Entry

Search this Thread

Old 07-07-2013, 07:45 PM
Default Keyless Entry

I have a 2007 H3
My keyless entry stops working after a few days of rain. Then after about 3 or 4 days it will work again. Recently I followed the directions posted on these Forums about clogged sunroof drains. Since cleaning out the drains my keyless is acting up. Does anyone have any ideas? And does anyone know where the keyless module is located? Also my key fob has a new battery. Thank You for any help

Old 07-21-2013, 12:42 AM
Default Keyless entry

Hey there, I have the same problem with the keyless and the stupid sunroof leaking inside, I'm sure they're related. Was wondering if you had a resolution to your problem. Did you have to replace the BCM? Do the battery cable reset trick? Would appreciate it if you could help me out with what you found out about this, thanks.

Old 07-21-2013, 08:54 AM

I don't have the water leak any longer. I found on these forums how to clean out the sun roof drain. But nothing on my keyless. Such is life.

Old 07-22-2013, 01:38 PM

Originally Posted by Deputyj
I don't have the water leak any longer. I found on these forums how to clean out the sun roof drain. But nothing on my keyless. Such is life.
Sometimes on the key fobs the solder point for the battery and the fob can brake and then the fob is useless. Try taking it apart and if it's not that try a new battery.

Old 07-22-2013, 05:16 PM
Default Not the fob, probably the BCM

My problem is most definitely not the fob . . . unless both quit working at the exact same time, not. I don't get why they would make drain grommets so easily detachable, especially when the front right would drain almost directly onto the BCM . . . @$$holes!

Old 07-22-2013, 06:27 PM

Originally Posted by chritch23
My problem is most definitely not the fob . . . unless both quit working at the exact same time, not. I don't get why they would make drain grommets so easily detachable, especially when the front right would drain almost directly onto the BCM . . . @$$holes!
A ton of information and people full of knowledge on this forum!
Keep that attitude and see where it gets ya!
My H3 is running & riding like a dream! Nuff said!

Old 07-22-2013, 07:12 PM
Default That was for GM

My apologies, the @$$holes was for GM, not anybody on here, ha ha.

Old 07-22-2013, 07:28 PM

Ohhhh.. BTW, the BCM controls a hell of a lot of circuits in your H3.... Anything else inop.? check your fob closer(pass. side) and antenna/connections. GL

Last edited by hummerz; 07-22-2013 at 07:36 PM.
Old 07-22-2013, 11:46 PM

Only thing not working is the keyless entry, it happened right after I thought I had that sunroof thing licked. I had a seriously plugged tube on the right side(f), but my water always collected on the drivers' side, so when I cleared out the f/r tube, I parked it angled down and to the right since I was sure it was going to drain out, well it didn't and for the first time I had a pool on the right frt foot well. The top of the damn thing was connected and the bottom drained out of the vehicle when I tested it, so I don't know . . . it really sucks though and I'm getting tired of it. The only other thing I can think of would be when I replaced the windshield, but there's no way that can be it . . . or can it be? Thanks for all your replies on here, I see you help a lot of people out, so God Bless You for it!

All fuses and relays have been checked as well, I did the battery disconnect/reconnect thing too, which is why I am assuming it had to have gotten that BCM only affecting the keyless, but your guess is as good(or better) than mine . . .