PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

Key Fob/DIC Problem

Old 02-27-2006, 09:01 PM
Default Key Fob/DIC Problem

I have an intermittent problem with my Key Fob. At times it will either not allow me to lock or unlock the H3.

For a while I was able to go into the DIC and reset the lock/unlock feature by pressing both bottoms on the key fob at the same time and access the DIC. Now I can’t even get into the DIC!

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Thank you,

Jim

Old 02-27-2006, 09:05 PM
Default RE: Key Fob/DIC Problem

ORIGINAL: TheJimer

I have an intermittent problem with my Key Fob. At times it will either not allow me to lock or unlock the H3.

For a while I was able to go into the DIC and reset the lock/unlock feature by pressing both bottoms on the key fob at the same time and access the DIC. Now I can’t even get into the DIC!

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Thank you,

Jim
I hate that when that happens[:@]

Seriously..I've not heard of that problem yet...Try changing the Batteries in the FOB.

Old 02-27-2006, 10:32 PM

Have you tried the other Key fob?

Instrustion for the Remote Deyless entry feedback DIC codes check out the owners manual 3-43 and 3-44.

Great section to personlize you H3.

Old 02-27-2006, 11:19 PM

ORIGINAL: LostOne

Have you tried the other Key fob?

Instrustion for the Remote Deyless entry feedback DIC codes check out the owners manual 3-43 and 3-44.

Great section to personlize you H3.
Yes I followed the instructions stated in 3-43 &3-44. I also replaced the battery, still no luck!

Jim

Old 02-27-2006, 11:27 PM

You might have to go to the dealership and have them reprogram your keyfob or even get a new one.

Old 02-28-2006, 01:16 PM

Insert the key in the ignition and press and hold the door lock button on the driver’s door... When Lock 1 comes up on the dash adjust it to something else like Lock 3... To cycle thru each just press and hold the trip reset until it moves to the next... Once you arrive at 3, press it and release it quickly... See if that helps... Mine was screwing up recently and that stopped it...

Old 02-28-2006, 01:40 PM

ORIGINAL: Rayvyn

Insert the key in the ignition and press and hold the door lock button on the driver’s door... When Lock 1 comes up on the dash adjust it to something else like Lock 3... To cycle thru each just press and hold the trip reset until it moves to the next... Once you arrive at 3, press it and release it quickly... See if that helps... Mine was screwing up recently and that stopped it...
Rayvyn,

The first time this happened that is exactly what I did and it worked.

Now I can't even get the DIC to "come-up"!

Jim

Old 03-01-2006, 12:08 AM

ORIGINAL: TheJimer

ORIGINAL: Rayvyn

Rayvyn,

The first time this happened that is exactly what I did and it worked.

Now I can't even get the DIC to "come-up"!

Jim
Well the only thing left to do then, is to let the dealer's service sort it out...Sounds like a program software corrution to me and it's getting worse..Maybe even a hardware issue too (CPU)..But it is a warranty issue no doubt...

Good luck, let us know what it ends up being.

Old 03-01-2006, 06:09 PM

I agree with Dennis... You are out of other options...

Old 06-01-2007, 01:39 AM

I am having the same issue with my 07, H3. Just got back from the dealer today and they took a look at it. Told me everything was just fine and that the tech just reprogramed it. Than they showed me some crap about interference and they thought my amateur radio equipment was interfering with it. I told them it did not and that it had problems even before I installed my radio.

At the dealership the keyfob worked fine.BUT after i drove off and tried locking it again at another parking lot, the vehicle would not respond at all. BOTH KEYFOBS! I had to manually lock it. When I returned two hours later it opened with the keyfob. I don't understand.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Key Fob/DIC Problem