PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

K&N Filter Drying Time

Old 11-13-2006, 12:28 AM
Super Moderator
Default RE: K&N Filter Drying Time

Tell me about it. It had all kinds of funky things between the pleats. I think there was a tooth and a penny in there somewhere too.

Be lucky you aren't sitting there right now listening to your wife yell at the TV as to why the Bears are fumbling so bad. This is supposed to be reversed. I have the only wife that yells at a football game on TV. I just stay out of it and come on here

Old 11-13-2006, 12:29 AM

True Mikes...The dirtier the filter the more restrictive to air flow..fact of nature.

But the differences in the K&N and like filters by comparrision to the typical dry paper types is that; The flat paper types eventually begin to surface load and true, they will begine to catch even smaller particals until all their air passages are full...In contrast to the K&N, the air passages never completely fill as to the cotton web medium design, so they will begin to restrict, but not at the same drastic rate at which paper filters do...In other words, it filters better as it gets dirty, but won't lesson the air flow dramticly longer, as it gets dirtier.

To tell if it's time to clean a K&N?..(Subjective at best) I hold the filter up to a light in the room and if I see light getting through, then I know it's still clean enough (I made a mental check of it when it was new so I'd have a benchmark to gauge myself from)..I check every 5K miles when I change engine oil.

Old 11-13-2006, 12:41 AM
Super Moderator

Maybe I can just create a giant electro-magnet air filter that is so powerful it just attracts any matter that comes into contact with it and then, and then, oh forgot it.

I will try never to bring up the K&N Air Filter again. I too am sick of talking about it to be honest lol. When you spend the last ten years around people that THINK they know about cars and then come on here and have people who are engineers and so forth, it's like re-learning everything all over again. DOH That's why I ask so many questions.

Old 11-13-2006, 12:46 AM

I don't care..I may poke fun at you or with you..but at risk of sounding cliché...The only dumb question is the one that didn't get asked.

Old 11-13-2006, 12:58 AM
Super Moderator

Phew ok that was a close one. I new if I asked you if your were my mama's baby's daddy it would be dumb.

Old 11-13-2006, 01:01 AM

Took me a couple of minutes..but I finally got it..[sm=icon_rofl.gif][sm=shutup.gif]

Old 11-13-2006, 02:33 AM

isn't this when fireman or chevyhighperformance posts a 25 paragraph responce filled with biological testing results filled with pie charts and grids?

Old 11-13-2006, 10:53 AM

ORIGINAL: importkiller

isn't this when fireman or chevyhighperformance posts a 25 paragraph responce filled with biological testing results filled with pie charts and grids?
Perhaps I may be of some assistance here...

In summary...it depends.

Thank you.

Old 11-13-2006, 06:10 PM
Super Moderator

LOL Yeah let's not forget, Ghostrider is the guy racing solar-powered cars across the country or whatever he does. When I think Ghostrider I think Data from Goonies

Old 11-13-2006, 11:24 PM

WHAT?! How come I have to be the nerdy one?!?!
I'm cool..I'm hip... *does the macarena*

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: K&N Filter Drying Time