PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

Instructions for mounting roof lights???

Old 05-15-2010, 09:08 AM
Default Instructions for mounting roof lights???

Does anyone have the instructions for mounting the OEM roof mounted offroad lights?

There's a guy selling three sets on ebay, but he says they are incomplete and need hardware. Good deal, but I'd like to look at the instructions first.

If you can scan and send them or know if they are online somewhere, that would be great.

Old 05-18-2010, 01:55 AM

I have been doing some search for the instructions aswell. From my understanding though install is not too bad, but there is some roof drilling to do. Do you have a link to the ebay auction, just curious as to what is being offered and whats missing since parts for any of the light kits are hard to find.

Old 05-18-2010, 09:45 AM

Here's the auction, although it is ended.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...=STRK:MEWAX:IT

His original auction had 3 kits, but when he relisted it was only one. He may still have the others left. I just purchased this one.

Now I really need the instructions. I guess I'll go by what's left of the Hummer dealer and see if their aftermarket guy happens to have a copy around. He'll probably charge me more for any missing parts than I paid for the auction.

If anyone has a copy that would really help....

Old 05-19-2010, 12:18 AM

Well the cheapest I was able to find this kit complete and new was around $350 and you have the most expensive parts for $50 so you definitely got out ahead. I think even if you pay through the nose for the hardware and paperwork it will only cost you another $150 since you may need a new wiring kit. Im considering contacting the guy see if he has another light bar. You definitely got a sweet deal, just need to do some hunting and have patience but its worth the money saved I think.

Old 05-19-2010, 06:07 AM

Originally Posted by HumbleAg
Here's the auction, although it is ended.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...=STRK:MEWAX:IT

His original auction had 3 kits, but when he relisted it was only one. He may still have the others left. I just purchased this one.

Now I really need the instructions. I guess I'll go by what's left of the Hummer dealer and see if their aftermarket guy happens to have a copy around. He'll probably charge me more for any missing parts than I paid for the auction.

If anyone has a copy that would really help....
The part no. he lists is #19156091, but the part no. everyone else is currently selling is #19171860. I've done some research, and apparently the old/original ones had a terrible wind noise at highway speeds. Hummer came out with a 'fix' kit of weatherstripping or something, then came out with the new model number that took care of the problem with a design change. Do you know what you have? Maybe this was the reason for the great deal?

Old 05-19-2010, 06:18 AM

Haven't gotten it yet, not sure what it'll be. I think the part number he lists is the light bar itself, the part number you found is the entire kit (including hardware kit 25531). Only problem is, I don't know if I can buy just the hardware kit.

I knew about the wind noise issue, I think mounting the front edge with double-stick tape can take care of that. We'll see.

Old 05-19-2010, 09:44 AM

Originally Posted by HumbleAg
Haven't gotten it yet, not sure what it'll be. I think the part number he lists is the light bar itself, the part number you found is the entire kit (including hardware kit 25531). Only problem is, I don't know if I can buy just the hardware kit.

I knew about the wind noise issue, I think mounting the front edge with double-stick tape can take care of that. We'll see.
PM'd you

Old 05-20-2010, 09:46 PM

I just bought the other roof lights the guy had left today so any information you find on manuals and parts I would be greatly appreciative if you could share it with me thanks.

Old 05-21-2010, 03:07 PM

Here is the PDF for download:
http://hummerforum.de/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=1386

You need to register to get into that download area.

Old 05-21-2010, 04:17 PM

Great find! This is for the roof marker kit are they the same as far as installation? The panel looks the same, I will have to do some research see if it is the same thanks for the info.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Instructions for mounting roof lights???