PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Installing Pioneer Avic f700BT

Search this Thread

Old 06-26-2010, 03:46 PM

Originally Posted by Autumn Walker
The reverse wire is so that the HU knows when the truck is in reverse so that it can activate the rear view camera. The parking brake cable is so that the HU knows that the parking brake is engaged so that it will unlock the video and GPS features (there are ways around this... check Google and YouTube).

All the wiring that you will need to do will be done through the GMOS-04. The parking brake and reverse wires are part of that system. No need to wire anything in outside of the GMOS.
I am a bit confused, I am finishing up on connecting all the wires and run into a bit of a pickle. The 700bt came with the wires for all the speakers, while going through the GMOS instructions I see no mention of connecting these and do not see any wires to do so. Are the RCA cables (kinda plug and play) the ones that it uses for speakers because I have the monsoon system ? I am a bit bugged out and not sure how to proceed.

Old 06-26-2010, 07:10 PM

Originally Posted by Raffi76
I am a bit confused, I am finishing up on connecting all the wires and run into a bit of a pickle. The 700bt came with the wires for all the speakers, while going through the GMOS instructions I see no mention of connecting these and do not see any wires to do so. Are the RCA cables (kinda plug and play) the ones that it uses for speakers because I have the monsoon system ? I am a bit bugged out and not sure how to proceed.
No offense Raffi but you have been on this project for the past week. You may be one who gets self gratification by doing your own stereo install but this is the very reason I paid Best Buy the $50 to install my Avic 710BT Navi unit. My time when I am off from a hectic work schedule is too precious to be monkeying around with a car stereo install. The $50 I gave the installer at Best Buy was money well spent. They didn't care that I bought the unit from an online retailer for $399. I gave them the opportunity to price match and they couldn't so he said come on back with your unit when you get it in and I'll be happy to install it. So that's what I did and I had zero headaches in the process. I hope you get this wiring problem all figured out so that you can start enjoying your new Avic. Good luck!

Old 06-26-2010, 11:16 PM

Originally Posted by FloridaFeMan
No offense Raffi but you have been on this project for the past week. You may be one who gets self gratification by doing your own stereo install but this is the very reason I paid Best Buy the $50 to install my Avic 710BT Navi unit. My time when I am off from a hectic work schedule is too precious to be monkeying around with a car stereo install. The $50 I gave the installer at Best Buy was money well spent. They didn't care that I bought the unit from an online retailer for $399. I gave them the opportunity to price match and they couldn't so he said come on back with your unit when you get it in and I'll be happy to install it. So that's what I did and I had zero headaches in the process. I hope you get this wiring problem all figured out so that you can start enjoying your new Avic. Good luck!
well if they did it for $50 I would have probably paid too, but installation here in NJ is a lot more then that, I would end up paying over $100 easy. I think I have it setup right though and I do hate to spend money on things I know I can do myself However, I have not been on the project since last week, the only work I did was today, took about 2 hours to set it up, just need to connect inside the car tomorrow and then we will see. I asked questions last week but just today I got my last piece for this project in the mail and started working.

Old 06-27-2010, 03:24 PM

Ok it seems I got everything connected correctly, radio and gps is up and running. The only thing that bugs me a little is the volume. I could be imagining but it doesnt seem to bo up as loud as it used to with stock radio. Before I never went all the way up on the volume before it got too loud. Now I went all the way up to level 62 (seems to be the limit) and it was loud but not really as loud as I thought it used to go. Anyone noticed the same thing?

Old 07-01-2010, 05:07 PM

Ok somebody has got to have some feedback on this. I got the radio working ok but to me it seems like the top volume is far from what it should be. Also the Sub Woofer is working but I dont seem to have any control over it. Wheather I turn it on or off it sounds just the same and is on, going up and down on level also doesnt change anything. Is this normal for aftermarket radios?

Old 07-01-2010, 06:57 PM
Banned
Default im just reading

and enjoying my stock monsoon even more than b4,smashing crisp power

and using the cash saved for gas!!

tom

Old 07-02-2010, 09:31 AM

Originally Posted by drtom
and enjoying my stock monsoon even more than b4,smashing crisp power

and using the cash saved for gas!!

tom
even though ur not helpful at all you are right lol, I might end up going back to stock also, I dont think navigation warrants the extra expense. but I am still hoping someone can explain or help.

Old 07-08-2010, 02:13 PM

Ok I think with the help of the shop I purchased the radio from, and a very helpful associate, I was finally able to establish what my problems could be caused by. By purchasing the GMOS adapter I retained my factor amp functions. Meaning the Pioneer's amp is not being used, and that's why I can not control my sub woofer. The volume might also be cause by this but I contacted Metra and see if the volume **** on the adapter itself will increase the speaker volume (according to instructions its meant for door chime and onstar volume only)

I can not believe the avic guy could not figure this out, seems such an obvious reason to someone who works for Pioneer. All I got from him was that i connected the cables incorrectly.

Old 07-12-2010, 11:03 AM

Well I think I was able to finally figure it all out. With the help from Metra I adjusted the volume output on their unit and now I can make the volume go up high enough to knock a rooster of the chicken hut, I actually had to lower it back up a little as this thing can really pump a lot of sound through it. Now I can honestly say, that I am not pissed of with Volume, that sound is a lot better then with the originally monsoon setup. I still can not turn off the sub, but with monsoon you can not do that either so its all good. I was told it is possible to bypass stock amp to user the radios and thus be able to control the sub fully, but its not worth the hussle. As long as i can reduce the sub levels to zero I am ok with that.