PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

Installing Pioneer Avic f700BT

Old 06-20-2010, 06:41 PM

Sent you a PM with a link.

Old 06-20-2010, 09:22 PM

Originally Posted by FloridaFeMan
Sent you a PM with a link.
much appreciated If I could I would give you a rep but I can't as this isn't Slickdeals :P

The instructions are nice but it does not show how to remove the plate :/

Last edited by Raffi76; 06-20-2010 at 09:37 PM.
Old 06-20-2010, 11:08 PM

Originally Posted by Raffi76
Guys, are there any instructions here on how to remove the dash faceplate to get to the radio ? Also any idea what gauge are the speaker wires behind there? I want to buy some of those wire splicers but they all go by gauge and I am not sure which ones to get.
As FloridaFeMan said, put your fingers in the power outlets and pull out. Then get your finger under the edge and pull out as you work your way up. It'll be a bit stiff, but pull with steady pressure and it'll come lose.

You might want to reconsider splicing wires. If you buy an onstar retention harness or a standard harness adapter, either will plug into the factory connectors. That's a much better idea than getting in and cutting what's there.

Old 06-21-2010, 07:04 AM

Originally Posted by HumbleAg
As FloridaFeMan said, put your fingers in the power outlets and pull out. Then get your finger under the edge and pull out as you work your way up. It'll be a bit stiff, but pull with steady pressure and it'll come lose.

You might want to reconsider splicing wires. If you buy an onstar retention harness or a standard harness adapter, either will plug into the factory connectors. That's a much better idea than getting in and cutting what's there.
Hmmm, that would be ideal HumbleAg, I did buy the Metra install kit and the Onstar retention harness but from what I have seen I would still need to splice the cables. Both units actually come with instructions on how to splice the cables correctly. So I am not sure if you are completely correct but if you are then it would save a lot of time and make the work much easier.

Old 06-21-2010, 10:04 AM

You splice the wires from the harness to the new radio. The other end of the harness has connectors that plug into your truck. No reason to cut any of the wires on the truck.

Old 06-21-2010, 12:49 PM

Originally Posted by HumbleAg
You splice the wires from the harness to the new radio. The other end of the harness has connectors that plug into your truck. No reason to cut any of the wires on the truck.
Well ok that much I figured as I have done an install or two in the past, I thought you were saying I wouldn't have to cut and splice at all that would be awesome.

Old 06-23-2010, 09:29 AM

You don't have to cut / splice anything from the truck, in fact you should avoid that completely.

You need the GMOS-04 to retain OnStar and work with the Monsoon system.

There are detailed instructions for the F700BT and the GMOS-04 that tell you which wires you need to connect on the F700BT's harness and the GMOS-04's harness. Then you literally just plug the GMOS-04 into the truck and the F700BT's harness in to the head unit.

To get the dash trim off, as has been stated, stick your fingers in the accessory power ports and pull out and slightly up. Once you have enough of a gap, slide your fingers in and pull outwards. There are several clips around the perimeter of the trim piece that are just compression fit into the dash, they will pop out (no worries of breaking them). I've had mine off 5 or 6 times now, nothing to it. It helps to shift into 1st (automatic) or 2nd (manual) to give yourself some more clearance. Once the trim piece is off there are 6 connections (6 ish anyway) that you need to disconnect and you're done.

The H3 was by far the easiest stereo install I have ever done in my life. Tons of room to work and tuck wires away.

Good luck!

Old 06-23-2010, 09:12 PM

Autum Thanks ! Since you installed one in urs maybe you can suggest something. The Radio instructions, or perhaps GMOS, state I need to connect a wire to the reverse signal light wire so that radio has the correct location for the car, if I do not connect this wire will navigation possibly be affected? or is this only if you have a rear view camera? Also one of the wires need to go to the parking brake power cable, any suggestions as to where to find it ? or is there already a wire in there I can connect to?

Old 06-24-2010, 08:15 AM

Originally Posted by Raffi76
Autum Thanks ! Since you installed one in urs maybe you can suggest something. The Radio instructions, or perhaps GMOS, state I need to connect a wire to the reverse signal light wire so that radio has the correct location for the car, if I do not connect this wire will navigation possibly be affected? or is this only if you have a rear view camera? Also one of the wires need to go to the parking brake power cable, any suggestions as to where to find it ? or is there already a wire in there I can connect to?
The reverse wire is so that the HU knows when the truck is in reverse so that it can activate the rear view camera. The parking brake cable is so that the HU knows that the parking brake is engaged so that it will unlock the video and GPS features (there are ways around this... check Google and YouTube).

All the wiring that you will need to do will be done through the GMOS-04. The parking brake and reverse wires are part of that system. No need to wire anything in outside of the GMOS.

Old 06-24-2010, 02:08 PM

Originally Posted by Autumn Walker
The reverse wire is so that the HU knows when the truck is in reverse so that it can activate the rear view camera. The parking brake cable is so that the HU knows that the parking brake is engaged so that it will unlock the video and GPS features (there are ways around this... check Google and YouTube).

All the wiring that you will need to do will be done through the GMOS-04. The parking brake and reverse wires are part of that system. No need to wire anything in outside of the GMOS.
You mean to say if the parking brake is not engaged the GPS will not work, or just the 3D part of it ? It would make no sense not to be able to use GPS while driving. 700BT does not have DVD so video I do not care about, I guess its more for sd card viedo or ipod? Its awesome if I can do it all through GMOS.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Installing Pioneer Avic f700BT