PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

Installed, Filter, Plugs and Fuel Catalyst

Search this Thread

Old 09-20-2008, 10:58 PM
Default Installed, Filter, Plugs and Fuel Catalyst

Well, put in the S&B Power Stack filter the only mod I had to do is cut off the top stock filter brace from the cover, didn’t really want to do that but in order to fit it in it had to be done. The Power stack goes right up the snorkel type inlet and there is no roar when punching it just nice and smooth. I know with allot of the other filters there is a solid cap, so that creates the roar and is a restriction imo.

I did notice on the intake plenum (plastic box) that the channel is straight through and not blocked, came up with the idea to insert a tube or sleeve to close of the baffles off and have it stealthy looking. (Carbon Fiber, nice and thin resists heat absorbsion)

Put the BRISK Racing plugs (Silver Core)in (Brisk Premium ROR15LGS spark plugs QTY-5)
, definitely a difference in starting and acceleration plus the one I got don’t need gapping.

Now, the FITCH Catalyst, it hooked up to the fuel rail no sweat, only problem was finding a place to mount it. Had to make sure the fuel lineshad no kinksand the only place I could was behind the drivers side headlight by the fuse box, had to drill a pilot hole for the3/4" 3/8s lag bolt with a lock washer.The engine runs smooth seems more responsive but need to drive it more to really get feel if there is a difference

Note; I disconnected the + and - battery terminals during this whole process and also did as the FITCH instructions directed.

Next on the list is NEO 5w30 synthetic oil and Mobil 1 oil filter (M-206) and Bassani Exhaust.

Old 09-21-2008, 08:11 AM
Super Moderator
Default RE: Installed, Filter, Plugs and Fuel Catalyst

Somebody has been busy since they got back to the states.

We need pics!! [sm=Flahssssss.gif]

Old 09-22-2008, 12:56 PM
Default RE: Installed, Filter, Plugs and Fuel Catalyst

More Pictures;