PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Incompetent Dealership

Search this Thread

Old 12-04-2007, 10:20 PM
Default Incompetent Dealership

alright everyone, I might have earned a right to a new H3. After a DOZEN service visits on my 5month old Adv. 07 H3 (TPMS,engine and lower steershaft,) the dealership has offered to make me a VERY SPECIAL deal on an upgrade with no dollar increase. Unbelievable right, oh I'm a attorney too? We deserve it after all the hassels we've dealt with. So, the dilemma is what to do...
Do we :
1) keep our original 07H3 Adv w/ Nav and cloth interior. 7500K miles(we love it despite the issues),
2) get the same 3.7L Adv. H3 in the 08 year (advantages here? changes from 07?)
3) get the 08 Adv. Alpha w/ Nav (we really don't want the leather inside)

Please feel free to write me your opinions and thoughts on how to not get screwed in this dealer proposition. Mainly use the car for freeway driving with a monthly camping/offroad trip.
I know the 08 has more power but we don't want all the luxury options and we can't get one w/o the other. Need a decision by Thursday. Thanks guys
Do you like the nav out there? Why did OnStar go to the turn by turn as another option?

Old 12-05-2007, 04:44 AM
Default RE: quite a dilemma

this is a stupid question 08 ALPHA without a doubt

Old 12-05-2007, 05:44 AM

the alpha.......way better in the end.if you dont like leather,go get some cloth seat covers and put over then.if you can get it for the same money..you will be way ahead

Old 12-05-2007, 07:33 AM

Ditto, you can always cover a leather seat with some nice rags but you can't beat power seats! Also, the Alpha has more power with about the same mileage, I wish I had one!

Old 12-05-2007, 08:04 AM
Super Moderator

You did not clarify that the alpha would be at NO extra cost? No extra dollars does not mean the same thing, like if your lease payment stays the same and you do not have to come up w/ extra down, they are just moving you to a short term lease and your residual will be much higher. Kinda takes the purchase at the end out of the loop. If you are just a "renter", then that doesn't matter to you.

So, if your renting with no intentions of buying, and the rent payments stays the same, then the Alpha is the obviuos choice, leather or no leather.

I do not find your deal "unbelieveable". [&o]

Old 12-05-2007, 10:53 AM

ALPHA you'll love it !!!
nothing wrong with leather plus it has heated seats

Old 12-05-2007, 04:07 PM

alpha, alpha, alpha,[sm=happybounce.gif]

Old 12-05-2007, 11:20 PM

I say the '08 3.7 liter. But since your a lawer, the gas prices won't bother u. So go with the Alpha!

Old 12-05-2007, 11:47 PM
Super Moderator

Alpha all the way.

Old 12-06-2007, 06:24 PM
Default moron dealership

you're right... the deal wasn't unbelievable. They were willing to upgrade us to a Alpha at additional cost and Hummer isn't even offering 0% on 08 models... some deal eh? This Scottsdale dealership can take a hike as far as I'm concerned. The loaner H3 (83 miles on it) they gave us died on our first drive in it -then it took 1.5 hrs for roadside assitance. I'm done w/ these guys and going straight to the ownership. Any ideas out there on when/if there is 0% financing on H308 models?

Quick Reply: Incompetent Dealership