PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

I WANT MY I-5 BACK!!

Search this Thread

Old 12-31-2007, 12:08 AM
Super Moderator
Default RE: I WANT MY I-5 BACK!!

Hey Nomo. Let us know what they tell you on your H3 and if they are going to cover it under warranty.

Old 12-31-2007, 05:11 AM

there would have to be a difference in the fiorwall or something.i cant hardly hear my 5.3 in my silverado,but i can hear the 3.5 in the hummer

Old 12-31-2007, 07:28 AM

ORIGINAL: H3 Xman

Well i'm happy with mine, but out of curiosity... Can u get the X with the V-8? I still have yet to run into another X.
You canI looked at one just like mine at the dealership. They wanted about 10K more than what I paid for mine.

Old 12-31-2007, 09:01 AM

ORIGINAL: smokinhummer

ORIGINAL: H3 Xman

Well i'm happy with mine, but out of curiosity... Can u get the X with the V-8? I still have yet to run into another X.
You canI looked at one just like mine at the dealership. They wanted about 10K more than what I paid for mine.
dealership where I bought mine had a midnight blue Alpha w/ H3X package on it...sticker was in the $48K range

Old 12-31-2007, 09:20 AM

ORIGINAL: NOMOYELLO

If you plan on wheeling your H3 an ALPHA IS A MUST.The stock front diff(major design flaw)is crap and eats itself very easily.Cast iron diff will get you where you want to go.
that's the dumbest thing I have read on here in a long long time The front diff problem does not limit the I5 h3's from wheeling....certainly the aluminum housings are a weak link but every rig has a weak link somewhere. If the housing is that much of a problem for you just swap in the cast diff from an alpha....your typing style seems familiar..are you from ebola?

Old 12-31-2007, 02:18 PM

there is no replacement for displacement. I am getting an Alpha coming up in the spring when I get the tax check for the downpayment. I used to have a '06 H3 that was underpowered. For some people the I5 is enough. For me... no. It aint bad when you test drive it but as the days go by... it got frustrating... I know you are driving a Hummer and it is not for SPEED. It to me was dangerous merging on the highway. I wish I was able to test drive it in that situation before I signed the papers... Yes I will be towing with it. No I have no driven a 07 I5 and I am sure it is better than an '06 but 3 more cylinders has to be a good thing....

Just my .02$

Jim

Old 12-31-2007, 02:21 PM

forced induction = replacement for displacement.

Old 12-31-2007, 03:42 PM

I'm not sure what everyone keeps talking about. I've had the 06 3.5 and now have the 3.7 in both of ours. I drive on I-71 in Ohio (if you ever drove on it, you know they don't go slow here). Neither of them gave me any problems, would I "like" more power, Of course! But I don't need it. I have never had a problem merging into traffic or keeping up or even passing with either motor. My 5.3 in my Silverado just did it faster, not better. Again, it's all about personal preference, but the 3.7 OR the 3.5 does just fine in traffic. I have to let up alot because they guy in front isn't going fast enough...

Old 12-31-2007, 04:19 PM

I have the 3.5, and have never felt the need for more power in the city. Yes in high speed passing on the freeway,..but the style of the H3 doesn't make me want to do that. I wouldn't feel safe at high speeds in an H3 either. Also,..it feels like I'm pushing a ton of wind at speeds over 80 and it starts to get too loud in the cabin,..so Idon'tgo that fast (besides,..it's illegal, and I would never do anything illegal).

Of course I don't tow a boat either.

I'd like to see them drop a turbocharged 3 liter 4 cylinder in there. It would improve efficiency by 1-2 mpg,..and bump up the hp to 250 - 300. But GM doesn't have an engine like hat around.

They could havebolted up one ofthe new TVS Eaton blowers on there though. The new style like they run on the new ZR1 Vette. More efficient than the regular Eaton. They could run5 psi of boost on the 3.7 and it would make a comfy 310 hp. (Or 7.5 psi and make 350 hp)

That and a turbo deisel option.

I'm not fan of the Alpha route. I know it's cool and all,(who doesn't like a V8),....but the H3 needs to go on a diet in my opinion,...not get heavier.

I'd like to see the blown 3.7 replace the V8, combined with 300 lbs of weight loss. 4,250 lbs,...310 hp. It would almost be considered fast. Add a slightly bigger rear sway bar,....1" drop in the rear,...cast front diff from the Alpha.

Old 12-31-2007, 04:29 PM

NEVERhad trouble merging or passing in my old 3.7L. my Alpha just does it w/ less effort.

heard from my service rep that 4.5L duramax is pretty bada$$ and should be out in 09. i thought it'd be a little later...

Quick Reply: I WANT MY I-5 BACK!!