PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

I raced a car and they didn't win

Search this Thread

Old 10-17-2007, 11:38 AM
Default I raced a car and they didn't win

With all the talk about how slow the H3 is, I just wanted to share that I raced some type of small car last week.
I have an '07 H3 with a stick shift.
I was in the left lane they were in the right. Up ahead there were parked cars so I knew there only reason for getting in that lane was to jump ahead of me.
The light turned green, I hit the gas and so did they. We're racing down the street doing 60-70 mph on a 25 mph road. ( I know it was stupid, but I was proving a point).
We arrived at the next intersection (me first) both still in our respective lanes. I didn't race that time I just let them go because I proved my point, just because it's an SUV doesn't mean it's slow nor does it mean that the driver is passive.

Sorry, no details on the kind of car it was, obviously it was a mustang, charger, vette, etc.

Old 10-17-2007, 12:11 PM
Default RE: I raced a car and they didn't win

Yeah, the H3 isn't too bad with the stick. Adding a cat-back exhaust system will make it even better.

That little I-5 is good enough for me.

Old 10-17-2007, 12:33 PM

ITS NOT REALLY SLOW,IT COULD JUST BE A LITTLE BETTER IN MY EYES

Old 10-17-2007, 02:11 PM

i raced a Jeep and lost

Old 10-17-2007, 02:46 PM
Super Moderator

Remember the early 90s Chevy Berretta? Toasted that dog, after the punk morontailgated the livindodo out of me for a mile or two thru traffic, even though I was going appx 9mph over the posted speed of 35. He jumped into the right lane at the next light cutting off the guy there, and was looking over at me like c'mon tank, let's see what ya got. He did for about 150 yards (and you guys know the 3 does not exactly launch) and gave up, and I'm still laughing. Hummer 1, underpowered chevy terd zip!

Old 10-17-2007, 02:47 PM

ORIGINAL: HumV

i raced a Jeep and lost
You're disgusting man to admit that in public!![:'(]

But then you can get the Hemi in a Jeep now.

Old 10-17-2007, 03:05 PM

I don't know you at all, so I'll be careful not to judge to harshly- but your post is idiotic, as is theactual event that you posted about.

First off- the behavior of both you and the other driver was extremely immature, not to mention flat out dangerous.
Trust me, I'm no stickler for doing the speed limit. I'vecertainly had my fair share of tix, but in higher speed limit ranges.
A 25 speed limit only exists in areas where there are very specific factors that can causedanger. Homes withtons of people, both in and out of other vehicles, coming and going. You said there were parked cars along the street. People, animals, other vehicles, KIDS!- often come shooting out from between parked cars unexpectedly.
Your life (assuming you lived) would be MUCH different today than it was last week if you had smashed into something/someone. Not to mention the effect on other lives that may have been invloved.

Second(as if the above isn't enough)- You said you "proved your point". Who in the hell were you trying to prove something to? Do you feel better about yourself because you beat "some type of small car" in an H3? If so, you shouldn't. You didn't prove anything. Except maybe what the other driver may have already suspected about Hummer drivers- that they're most likely ****** who willspeed up on purpose to not let you over and are possibly trying to compensate for their own inadaquacies by trying to prove they're "better" than everyone else.

Whatever the other guy was driving, he must not have wanted to "win" too bad, or he is simply a horrible driver. As, even the slowest of most small cars presently on the streets shouldbeat an H3 off the line. Unless he was in a go-kart. Then, maybe you "won".

Old 10-17-2007, 03:22 PM

An example of "How to win friends and influence people"? I'm sure there are kinder words to get your point across without diminishing his character in front of friends. Lighten up man.

Old 10-17-2007, 03:49 PM

OK....

Here's my story....This happened about ayear ago.This guy wants to "RIGHT LANE CHECK" me. (I hate people that just can't wait in line like everyone else....)We do this for about 3 red lights. He just about gets me each time, but runs out of lane due to the parked cars. No speeding,just screening out the jerks that think they own the road.

At the4th red light he's ready to take me this time. He's watching me and not really looking at the signal light. I told my buddy....Look at this guy, he'll do anything he can to get past me..
I was going to let him go this time, but just then he flips me off and laughs..Callin my H3 a turd!!!
.Hummer Hater...[sm=badidea.gif]

I have 1 foot on the brake and the other on the gas (BTM as we know it here). The light is still red. I let off the brake for just an instant then jab the brake again....Off he goes shooting out into the intersection on a red light and gets totaled by a UPS truck going 30 MPH.....

Dam the bad luck.....

Everyone was ok..But there's one less Subaru on the road...

Life is not a race.....take your time, and watch out for others.

I'm sure greenshirt77 is going to let me have it now also.....Don't be haten dude!!!

Old 10-17-2007, 03:54 PM

ORIGINAL: Heysdad

OK....

Here's my story....This happened about ayear ago.This guy wants to "RIGHT LANE CHECK" me. (I hate people that just can't wait in line like everyone else....)We do this for about 3 red lights. He just about gets me each time, but runs out of lane due to the parked cars. No speeding,just screening out the jerks that think they own the road.

At the4th red light he's ready to take me this time. He's watching me and not really looking at the signal light. I told my buddy....Look at this guy, he'll do anything he can to get past me..
I was going to let him go this time, but just then he flips me off and laughs..Callin my H3 a turd!!!
.Hummer Hater...[sm=badidea.gif]

I have 1 foot on the brake and the other on the gas (BTM as we know it here). The light is still red. I let off the brake for just an instant then jab the brake again....Off he goes shooting out into the intersection on a red light and gets totaled by a UPS truck going 30 MPH.....

Dam the bad luck.....

Everyone was ok..But there's one less Subaru on the road...

Life is not a race.....take your time, and watch out for others.

I'm sure greenshirt77 is going to let me have it now also.....Don't be haten dude!!!

In another forum that I participate in they had a Thread,"How fast have you had your CTS?"
Dumb @sses bragged about driving 140 mph![:@]

Very few live thru an accident at those speeds!

Quick Reply: I raced a car and they didn't win