PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

HUMMER HAPPENINGS ? Do they exist?

Old 12-05-2007, 09:06 AM
Default RE: HUMMER HAPPENINGS ? Do they exist?

ORIGINAL: Black_Impala

I've never been to one. Had mine since April 07 and never heard about anything like that. I just went to my dealership's website and let em have it in an e-mail. Lets see what their response is.
Same for me,I went to the dealer one Saturday to have work done and noticed at least 10 hummers going for a off road ride. I asked why I did not getcalled and they said that they needed my e-mail address. Sincegiving my address they have been contacting me and letting me know of upcoming events.

Old 12-05-2007, 09:42 AM

My dealer told me that Hummer only required them to hold 1 per year ONLY if the dealership doesn't have the offical Hummer Test Track, which is roughly $1 million dollars to build according to this dealer. We had only 1 event this year, which was an offroad trail riding event. They sent out over 1500 emails and only 12 people responded and showed up for the actual event. So that's less than 1% maybe that's why your dealer hasn't held any.

Old 12-05-2007, 01:04 PM

HUMMER of Columbus had one in Sept where we went to NorthernOhio for an off road event and we have another one this Sat (Dec 8), we are meeting at the dealership and doing a "convoy" to the Blue Jackets Hockey game. They are paying for the tickets, non alcoholic drinks and a meal.

http://www.hummerofcolumbus.com/offroading.htm

They seem to be pretty good about it here.

Old 12-05-2007, 02:52 PM

Hey there, I finallysigned up on Hummer Fourm (very interesting and informative) I think all Hummer Sales Consultants should check this out. It is important to know what thecustomer is saying.

Thanks for the inputconcerning our Hummer Happenings here at Hummer of Columbus.

Old 12-05-2007, 04:06 PM

My local dealer in Ft. Worth is having a Hummer Happening this Sunday. We're all meeting at the dealer then head out for some lunch then off for the off road challenge. Can't wait! Also the RSVP letter included a 10% Off on Hummer accessories good at that dealership. (Makes me want to buy the cab lights for the roof).

I missed the last event due to a delay in my receipt of the event letter, so this will be my first one. I have no idea where we're going but I'm sure it'll be fun. I hope to get some pics of the event, I'll post any decent ones after the event.

Old 12-05-2007, 07:15 PM

So.... Apparently, some dealers care more for their customers than others??

Old 12-06-2007, 12:02 AM
Super Moderator

Most of the dealers I know have the events regularly. Sewell in Dallas, Weseloh in Orange County, Tustin in Orange County, etc. I get about 8 invites a year. We go to Vegas, Big Bear, Hungry Valley, etc. They usually give away some pretty good stuff also. Bonzaiii, a lot of the Socal dealers use the off road park at Gorman, which isn't far from you. HMR magazine does events up there also. I usually get letters informing me of the events. They are usually limited to 50 or so Hummers even though Sewell has had some with hundreds. Sorry you bought your Hummer from a dud dealer. Even when I was just buying parts from Tustin I let them know I was interested and started getting invites. They even sent me tickets to the NFL rookie event at the LA Coliseum where they take all the rookie pictures for their player cards. Had the 08 Alpha and 08 H2 there for us to crawl all over. Try doing service and accessories at another dealer and let them know you are interested.

Old 12-06-2007, 05:00 PM

I've had my H3 for almost 2 years now and have only gottenone invite to a Hummer Happening. The invite came only days before the event and I had other plans already.

Old 12-06-2007, 08:41 PM

GM reduced the required # of Hummer dealer events from 4 to 3. So 3 events are required in 2007 of which 2 must be off road and 1 event can be on road i.e. a sport event, show & shine, etc. If a dealer doesn't do 3 events then it hits him in the pocket book....%of holdback, less inventory allocation, etc. So, if you aren't getting invitations to your dealer events call them, find out who coordinates the events and make sure you get on the invitation list.

The Hummer Club, Inc. is a membership group of Hummer owners and did 12 off road events throughout the U.S. in 2007 and has plans for 13 events for 2008. Club membership is only $45 per year and worth every bit of it if all you do is enjoy reading the quarterly Azimuth magazine.

So, call you dealer and get involved... join the Hummer Club and get involved.

Old 12-06-2007, 10:32 PM
Super Moderator

Hi Camou2. I should have mentioned THCI. They put on a number of good events in the West last year. ( Sedona, Hungry Valley, Mammoth snow run, etc. ) Point being if you get into the loop you will start hearing about things and getting invites. Once there you will meet people you can go wheeling with without waiting for an organized event.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: HUMMER HAPPENINGS ? Do they exist?