PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

Hummer H3 wierd Hvac problem. Hvac works when I push my ebrake all the way in

Search this Thread

Old 11-15-2015, 04:37 PM
Default Hummer H3 wierd Hvac problem. Hvac works when I push my ebrake all the way in

Their currently has been a recall on most hummers out there for the hvac system, where they are to replace the blower motor harness and resistor. The dealership replaced all the parts, and now there is a problem where the hvac won't turn on, due to a wire behind my emergency brake.
The dealership said they would fix this wire issue for $180. I told them I would think about it.

So a little bit about this wire they speak of. Whenever I hit a huge bump, my ac/heater turn on and work for a unknown amount of time. Sometimes it's 1-2 days, sometimes 2 minutes. Now, I recently pressed my emergency brake all the way down and magically, it's working and hasn't stopped yet. This is day 5 and my hvac is ok.

I am hoping someone on here has had this problem and know how to properly fix it. I do not want the dealership to take a dime of my money, since they have done enough damage as is.

Old 11-15-2015, 05:42 PM

Sounds like a loose connection, obviously, and not worth paying a dealership to fix. Honestly, I'm kinda lazy about stuff like this and since it's working I'd leave it be unless it stops again. If it does, poke your head under there and see what the e-brake may be touching when you push it down.

Old 11-15-2015, 10:27 PM

Only bad thing about me leaving it be is, I am an independent contractor and drive people around town all day. I don't want to be in the middle of a snow storm or severely cold weather and the heater shut off! lol

Old 11-16-2015, 12:20 AM

Ok, that may be different then.

Crawl under there and see what you can find. Or pay the $180 and write it off as a business expense to offset some of the cost. $180 is a small price to pay for something you consider vital to your work.

Old 11-16-2015, 09:55 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by HummerH31987
Their currently has been a recall on most hummers out there for the hvac system, where they are to replace the blower motor harness and resistor. The dealership replaced all the parts, and now there is a problem where the hvac won't turn on, due to a wire behind my emergency brake.
The dealership said they would fix this wire issue for $180. I told them I would think about it.

So a little bit about this wire they speak of. Whenever I hit a huge bump, my ac/heater turn on and work for a unknown amount of time. Sometimes it's 1-2 days, sometimes 2 minutes. Now, I recently pressed my emergency brake all the way down and magically, it's working and hasn't stopped yet. This is day 5 and my hvac is ok.

I am hoping someone on here has had this problem and know how to properly fix it. I do not want the dealership to take a dime of my money, since they have done enough damage as is.
Are you saying the dealership made the recall fix to your H3? When did they do that, and how? What parts did they use?

Next, you are saying you had the dealership work on your truck and when they were done there is an electrical short. So why are they not fixing what they caused?