PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Hummer H3 Roof Rack

Search this Thread

Old 09-07-2011, 11:07 PM
Default Hummer H3 Roof Rack

Hey everybody,
I am looking for a hummer h3 roof rack... I really like the GOBI stealth but this does not let you keep the cross bars on, I ski and snowboard so in winter time those cross bars are needed for my thule ski carriers... is there anything out there that I can put up there the covers the whole roof that still allows the cross bars to stay?
Any information is greatly appreciated!
MushMan13

Old 09-08-2011, 06:00 AM

No removable rack will cover the whole roof.
Here's a few choices of what's out there to mount to the OEM crossbars. Roof Basket Roof Cargo Carrier | etrailer.com

I have the Rola with the 18" extension. It covers from the rear of the truck to the back edge of the sunroof. It's light enough for one person to mount or remove, but it is well made and strong.
Best part is the Rola rack plus the 18" extension costs only $250.00 shipped!

Name:  100_2468-1.jpg
Views: 4136
Size:  24.2 KB

Old 09-08-2011, 06:24 AM

You should be able to modify the Thule mounts to fit onto the Gobi rack... The benefit would be saving time having to pull off another rack everytime you wanted to care up the fresh powder...

Old 09-08-2011, 06:55 AM

Or better yet throw your boards in the Gobi and strap em in. They aren't going anywhere and time will be about the same as messing with the Thule!

Old 09-08-2011, 08:14 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by Bunger
Here's a few choices of what's out there to mount to the OEM crossbars. Roof Basket Roof Cargo Carrier | etrailer.com

I have the Rola with the 18" extension. It covers from the rear of the truck to the back edge of the sunroof. It's light enough for one person to mount or remove, but it is well made and strong.

Sweet link Bunger! Free shipping beats ebays best deal. Nice.

Old 09-08-2011, 05:58 PM

Doc...I really like your setup and the price is right on the Rola Basket, where did you get the front extentions for the lights and if you dont mind how much extra did it run?

Old 09-08-2011, 07:22 PM
Thumbs up

Where did you find that lightbar? (I just ordered the same roof basket, thanks for the tip)

Originally Posted by Bunger

Old 09-09-2011, 07:56 AM
Super Moderator

OK Bunger, these guys are waiting......... give them the scoop on the light bar already!

Old 09-09-2011, 09:15 AM

Originally Posted by Doc Olds
OK Bunger, these guys are waiting......... give them the scoop on the light bar already!
I guess these guys don't read the other threads

It's a custom made lightbar by a former forum member Hilljob26.
He made a few of these and was selling them here & on ebay. I got mine used from the classified section for about $200.

Name:  100_2471.jpg
Views: 1795
Size:  164.5 KB

Here's a current discussion : https://www.hummerforums.com/forum/h...rilling-25336/

And an older thread about the Hilljob lightbar : https://www.hummerforums.com/forum/h...part-2-a-8325/

Old 09-09-2011, 10:01 AM

I did read the other post about your lightbar.... great design, I read somone is trying to duplicate it with a shop, hopefully they can. If not i guess I will have to keep watching the ads on here to try and get one.

Quick Reply: Hummer H3 Roof Rack