PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

Hummer H3 Potential Chronic Problem Vehicles?

Old 01-16-2015, 07:24 PM

Im sure plenty of the issues are self induced. Either lack of maint, or buying a used vehicle that someone else abused, and now you are stuck with the problem.
My Alpha has been trouble free, except for the issues that I caused, so I have no complaints.

Old 01-16-2015, 10:19 PM

You can find a lot of different problems in any kind of truck of all excisting makes and models! Of course, there are always some problems around but like guys said that it's bad driving habits or poor service by previous owners. So there are always cons and pros in everything! Hummer H3 is not exception, but look at the positive sides of H3 and don't think about potential problems!

Old 01-17-2015, 07:52 AM

One other thing to keep in mind, your vehicle was designed to be abused. The previous owner may have taken it in mud, water, sand, up hills, down hills, across slopes etc.

Old 01-17-2015, 02:38 PM
Super Moderator

Like others have said, most people only post up when they have an issue. Look at the 98% that never post anything about their vehicles or having problems.
H3Ray would complain if he got a million dollar scratch off because he had to pay taxes on it.

Old 01-25-2015, 04:47 AM

My Old Man's TOYOTA TUNDRA is problem free since he purchased 2008 and he abuses that truck big time. He's begging me dump the H3 and buy the Tundra!

Old 01-25-2015, 05:10 AM

Since no one posts "positive" feedback Ill be different!

I own an 06 and an 09 Alpha.

The 06, apart from replacing the radiator 50k miles ago, Zero issues. Regular maintenance and replaced engine mounts, trans pan seal and spark plugs over the 90K miles life span. I need to replace the control arms and bushings as the boots have ripped and the ball joints are loose, something to expect after 90K and alot of desert runs over the years.

As for the Alpha, at 75K miles and I do 50 mile desert/dune runs every weekend, replaced Also the radiator, had a problem with an o2 sensor replaced under warranty and did the same maintanance stuff as for the 06.
Apart from that, zero issues.

Very satisfied with my trucks, when time Comes Im either replacing my 06 with either an Alpha or an H2 or going for a raptor and give the Alpha to the wife!

Old 01-26-2015, 07:10 AM

Originally Posted by H3Ray
My Old Man's TOYOTA TUNDRA is problem free since he purchased 2008 and he abuses that truck big time. He's begging me dump the H3 and buy the Tundra!
H3Ray, if you wanted a toyota why didn't you buy one? this is a Hummer forum, we all like our trucks and that's why we bought them. Not many toyota guys like anything that GM builds. Glad to hear that your father (Rude calling him an old man) has enjoyed his Tundra. Everything i've seen you post on here and on the other Hummer forms has been NEG, give someone a good deal on your H3 and go buy a Toyota FJ and leave us guys alone that enjoy our Hummer's. I've had 1 H2, and 3 H3's and enjoyed every one of them and haven't had any major issues. Have you ever stopped to think it could be the owner with the problems? You know Michael Jackson sung a song you should listen too, Man in the mirror. Oh yeah and there is No Toyota can stand up to a GM 2500 or Ford F250.

Have you ever stopped to think how you'd break down if someone put you thru the abuse that we put these trucks thru?

BTW, I've owned 3 Polaris RZR's and their a POS, but they put a heck of a smile on my face and i enjoy working on them after each ride and you won't find me bashing them on the RZR forums.

Enjoy your day.

Last edited by kramcard6; 01-26-2015 at 07:15 AM.
Old 01-27-2015, 10:09 PM
Thumbs up

Nice response, CRAMCARD6! Nobody is immune to the aging! Let's be more respectful to our parents and to all people!

Old 01-28-2015, 07:19 AM
Super Moderator

The sky is always falling wherever Ray is in the Hummer world.

Old 01-28-2015, 05:12 PM

so far with 2 h3 ive had "chronically good luck"

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Hummer H3 Potential Chronic Problem Vehicles?