PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

Hummer H3 dream car - Delaware

Old 04-03-2017, 08:26 PM
Sai
Default Hummer H3 dream car - Delaware

Hello All,

I wanted to buy my dream car Hummer H3 .I have got a budget of 15k.Unfortunatly I am here for just 9 months before I go out of country for my next assignment.I will sell it before I leave .I don't want to lease. I will use for daily office commute of 25 miles that's it. I am confused on how much will be the loss when I sell he car.. Please share your experience... Is it a pain to maintain a Hummer.I am not the experienced and never driven a hummer ..but I love owning hummer.

Old 04-03-2017, 11:56 PM

I love my 2006 Hummer H3, from my experience maintenance cost aren't that high! As for the devaluation of your Hummer, I am uncertain but I do know there are places that will store a vehicle for you while you're away so you don't have to sell it!

Old 04-04-2017, 01:37 AM

You won't be able to find a lease on a 6-10 year old vehicle anyway so you would have to purchase one while you are visiting and sell it before you leave to go back home.

Depreciation all depends on the vehicle you purchase. A well maintained very nice daily driver will keep its resale value but it has higher up front cost. A P.O.S. will have low cost in the beginning but the "hidden" costs of repairing/replacing items will eventually bit you.

Old 04-04-2017, 09:50 AM
Sai

Originally Posted by Kkneat
I love my 2006 Hummer H3, from my experience maintenance cost aren't that high! As for the devaluation of your Hummer, I am uncertain but I do know there are places that will store a vehicle for you while you're away so you don't have to sell it!
Thank you for the reply.. I will have to sell it as my travel plans are for extended period. Do you think I should increase my budget to 20k and get a 2010 model?

Old 04-04-2017, 09:55 AM
Sai

Originally Posted by TAINTER
You won't be able to find a lease on a 6-10 year old vehicle anyway so you would have to purchase one while you are visiting and sell it before you leave to go back home.

Depreciation all depends on the vehicle you purchase. A well maintained very nice daily driver will keep its resale value but it has higher up front cost. A P.O.S. will have low cost in the beginning but the "hidden" costs of repairing/replacing items will eventually bit you.
Appricate your response.I m sure I am going to take a hit when I sell it. Do you suggest investing 20k and buying a 2010 model or just buy a 2007 or 2008 model for 15k ?
I am considering the maintenance aspects..

Old 04-04-2017, 01:15 PM

Honestly lol,
I can't believe I'm about to make this suggestion but short term leasing a Jeep Wrangler JK 16 or 17 maybe a much better financial alternative in this instance.
Even renting a JK could be an alternative.
Chris

Old 04-04-2017, 01:18 PM
Sai

Originally Posted by Happy Hummer
Honestly lol,
I can't believe I'm about to make this suggestion but short term leasing a Jeep Wrangler JK 16 or 17 maybe a much better financial alternative in this instance.
Even renting a JK could be an alternative.
Chris
Thanks for the reply.. I think you didn't get the question😀😀😀.I am only looking for Hummer H3.

Old 04-04-2017, 11:57 PM

Originally Posted by Sai
Appricate your response.I m sure I am going to take a hit when I sell it. Do you suggest investing 20k and buying a 2010 model or just buy a 2007 or 2008 model for 15k ?
I am considering the maintenance aspects..
If I was in your situation I would find the cleanest low mile 2008-2009 HUMMER H3 ALPHA (V8) in a color I liked that fits your budget and drive the **** out of it for 9 months and sell it for abut the same price I paid for it. Only real expenses will be tax, title, plates, cost of fuel, regular oil changes and minor repairs. And fly home with a smile on your face knowing you owned your dream for 9 months.

H3 Alphas have been holding their resale value much better than the I5s.

Last edited by TAINTER; 04-05-2017 at 12:01 AM.
Old 04-05-2017, 08:26 AM

Originally Posted by Sai
Thank you for the reply.. I will have to sell it as my travel plans are for extended period. Do you think I should increase my budget to 20k and get a 2010 model?
The 2010 models are very nice as well, but since you are selling the car I would suggest one of the alpha H3's as Tainter has suggested they hold resale value very well and they are just a bit more fun to drive.

Old 04-06-2017, 08:26 PM
Sai

Originally Posted by TAINTER
If I was in your situation I would find the cleanest low mile 2008-2009 HUMMER H3 ALPHA (V8) in a color I liked that fits your budget and drive the **** out of it for 9 months and sell it for abut the same price I paid for it. Only real expenses will be tax, title, plates, cost of fuel, regular oil changes and minor repairs. And fly home with a smile on your face knowing you owned your dream for 9 months.

H3 Alphas have been holding their resale value much better than the I5s.
Thanks mate.. This was d perfect answer I was looking for Now my search begins..H3 Alpha...