PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

How Much Is Too Much?

Search this Thread

Old 03-05-2010, 08:44 AM
Question How Much Is Too Much?

Hello board! I'm a visited for awhile now and am a proud new owner of H3 Lux.

Obviously, with the Lux package, the car is loaded with the chrome package. With that being said, I'd thought seriously about adding some new chrome accents.

My question to you all is how much is too much? I'm thinking about adding the chrome fuel door, chrome front side light chrome cover accents, chrome tail light cover accents, and eventually a chrome brush guard.

I don't want to come off as a mall crawler or look tacky or gaudy. How much is too much? Does anyone on here own one that has an abundance of chrome accessories?

Old 03-05-2010, 10:52 AM

There's no right or wrong answer. It's all personal preference. Best advice I can give you is to look through the albums or even do a Google image search and just see what you like. By the way, you mentioned that since it's a Lux, it "obviously" has chrome. That's actually not a good indicator of the Lux package. I have a chromeless Lux.

Old 03-05-2010, 11:25 AM

I have done a Google Image search and haven't really found any good photos of a Hummer with a plentiful amount of chrome accents. I'll check the the albums.

Also, I didn't know that there were chromeless Lux's. I thought all Lux's came with the chrome package. Evidentally, they don't.

Thanks again for the advice!

Old 03-05-2010, 11:35 AM

another chromeless lux here.

Old 03-05-2010, 01:25 PM

My '07 H3X came with standard chrome fuel door and chrome brush guard.

Old 03-05-2010, 01:29 PM

Originally Posted by D VADER
My '07 H3X came with standard chrome fuel door and chrome brush guard.
Must be nice. The H3 I looked at previously to buying the one I did came with the chrome fuel door and brush guard, too.

Mine has the touchscreen nav and DVD entertainment system installed in the headrests; so, my wife and I decided to go with that one over the one with the chrome goodies.

Old 03-05-2010, 01:35 PM

Originally Posted by Maize
Must be nice. The H3 I looked at previously to buying the one I did came with the chrome fuel door and brush guard, too.

Mine has the touchscreen nav and DVD entertainment system installed in the headrests; so, my wife and I decided to go with that one over the one with the chrome goodies.
COOL...you and the wife can watch **** movies in the back seat.

Old 03-05-2010, 02:26 PM

I have chrome accents like the fuel door, door handles, hitch cover, front bumper pieces but I'm not big on the chrome handles on H3's hoods. I bought the black billet powder coated ones and they look awesome even though I have other chrome. I also have the black powder coated brushguard. It really looks pretty cool together. I'm sure yours looks great....what color did u get? I have the boulder grey.

Old 03-08-2010, 07:58 AM

Originally Posted by JensH3
I have chrome accents like the fuel door, door handles, hitch cover, front bumper pieces but I'm not big on the chrome handles on H3's hoods. I bought the black billet powder coated ones and they look awesome even though I have other chrome. I also have the black powder coated brushguard. It really looks pretty cool together. I'm sure yours looks great....what color did u get? I have the boulder grey.
Sounds awesome, man!
I have the Boulder Grey also. I have the chrome accents on the handles, side mirrors, and running boards.

Got any pics of yours you could post? I'd really like to see what your ride looks like with the extra chrome accents.

Old 03-08-2010, 12:53 PM

My opinion..You have too much now..My '06 yellow Lux. had just a chrome fuel door. I just removed the H3 badges..and added black roof rack..and black running boards...

Quick Reply: How Much Is Too Much?