PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

How do I permanently stop the AutoHeadlights from coming on at startup?

Search this Thread

Old 04-03-2019, 12:17 PM

Originally Posted by ski.dive
TAINTER=

You have an ''obsession'' with stalking, poaching and illegal activities...Makes me ponder???
Just call'em like I see'em. I'm a stupophobe.
From your incessant questions on HF and other HUMMER forums I can surmise you "ponder" a bit too much without any research too...

Last edited by TAINTER; 11-05-2020 at 06:31 AM.
Old 04-03-2019, 12:44 PM

Sometimes I think this guy lies awake a night just trying to dream up new, irrelevant questions to ask.

Old 04-03-2019, 01:02 PM

Old 04-03-2019, 04:10 PM

Swap the light control switch from the South African model. It lets you keep it in the off position and even has the up/down control for the headlight (but it also uses a different headlight). Dont ask me how its wired though as I have absolutely no idea.

Old 04-03-2019, 04:48 PM

Originally Posted by talusfan
You can disassemble the switch to defeat it. I don't know why you would want to in the first place though.
Actually you can not defeat it through the switch.
The ambient light sensor operates between two voltages. If the ambient light drops too much, the voltage changes and the BCM turns the headlights ON. Conversely, if the ambient light is high, again the voltage changes and turns (the already on headlights) OFF.
I have done my homework on this feature.

The only way you could control the headlights by disassembly of the headlight switch would be to have the lights never come on, ever.
Bottom line is just leave this feature alone and let the truck do its thing. Are you reading this Ski.dive ??

Old 04-03-2019, 08:39 PM

You can defeat the light sensor with a dashboard light, although you will still be seen in the dark Skidive.

Old 04-04-2019, 06:49 AM

Originally Posted by hummerz
You can defeat the light sensor with a dashboard light, although you will still be seen in the dark Skidive.
That's a great idea!

Old 04-06-2019, 11:09 AM

Oh I know. I just figured after he took it all apart he would finally have a real question for others to answer other than his usual inane blathering.

Originally Posted by wfturner
Actually you can not defeat it through the switch.
The ambient light sensor operates between two voltages. If the ambient light drops too much, the voltage changes and the BCM turns the headlights ON. Conversely, if the ambient light is high, again the voltage changes and turns (the already on headlights) OFF.
I have done my homework on this feature.

The only way you could control the headlights by disassembly of the headlight switch would be to have the lights never come on, ever.
Bottom line is just leave this feature alone and let the truck do its thing. Are you reading this Ski.dive ??

Old 04-06-2019, 11:15 AM

YEP!!! I'm letting the truck do his thing!!!

Old 04-06-2019, 12:02 PM

headlights or ALL lights?
if i wanted to id add a switch and relay to open headlight wires. not ez to do ALL.
none of my business why you want to like all other mods guys do.

Last edited by happythree; 04-06-2019 at 12:06 PM.

Quick Reply: How do I permanently stop the AutoHeadlights from coming on at startup?