PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

Help installing remote starter in H3

Old 09-25-2012, 05:27 PM
Default Help installing remote starter in H3

I am hoping someone has had a similar issue or has information about installing a remote starter in their H3. I've installed about 8 of these in various vehicles but never in an H3 and having a few issues.

I am installing a Bulldog RS1300 with built in anti-theft bypass module.

Problem 1: My H3 has the passlock II anti theft system. The remote starter bypass module says to connect to the +5v and neutral wires connected to the ignition switch harness. I can find the +5v wire but not the neutral wire. The only neutral wire I can find goes to +12v once the switch is turned on. Nevertheless, I tried all the wires in the ignition switch and cannot find the correct wire. The bypass module indicator shows that it cannot read the resistance code thus leading me to believe I need to find the correct neutral wire.

Problem 2: Starter crank wire cannot be found. This one should be +12v in crank position only. It also should be located in the wire harness near the steering column.

Does anyone have a wiring diagram for H3 or have similar problems?

Thanks in advance.

Old 09-26-2012, 10:18 AM

Here you go:

What bypass module are you using by the way?

I'm using the DEI Xpresskit #PLJX and everything works but after 5 remote starts it fails and have to wait 10 min for the passlock to release it again.

Old 09-26-2012, 06:45 PM

Thank you for the info. I noticed at the top is says 2009 Chevrolet Colorado. Is this the same for the Hummer H3??

The bulldog starter I am using has a built in bypass unit instead of a separate unit.

Old 09-27-2012, 07:51 AM

I have had a Viper Remote Starter on all 3 of my H3's. In none of the cases did they use a bypass module. They used a couple of resistors and a relay because the corresponding systems on an H3 are not mutliplexed. They all referenced DEI Document 1603. The Viper's worked flawlessy on the 06 and 08 but I had some problems on the 10. I used a different company to install it and that may have been a major part of the problem. I finally removed it because it was reaking havoc with the Passlock System. I will have it reinstalled later by the company that installed the first two. I may upgrade to a system that can be intergrated into a smart phone. Good luck.

Old 12-06-2012, 10:24 PM

I have been researching a new remote starter for my 2006 H3 for 2 reasons
1. Remote starter for heater.
2. Eliminate Passlock problem.
Now my question, will a remote starter kit fix the Passlock problem?

Old 12-07-2012, 01:01 PM

You can bypass Passlock by having PCMforless.com flash your PCM module. I had them do this. What they do is disable the fuel injector cutoff. Normally, the engine pcm will not turn on fuel injectors unless it gets the Passlock OK signal from the BCM. So, I have a flakey lock cylinder that randomly triggers the passlock system and I had to wait 10 minutes to try again. With the new PCM program, my engine starts even if the BCM sends a signal to the PCM to not turn on fuel injectors. My dash light flashes for 10 minutes, then goes off but I can still start and drive the H3.

Old 04-21-2013, 06:25 PM

were you successful, i am hoping someone can tell me exactly which of my remote starter wires to attach and where, i have experience with installing vipers, just the issue with my H3. I have all the required documentation, the proper resistors (previously installed), just need to know which wires to hook to the (3) wires on the H3 to properly remote start, thanks