PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

HELP: H3 headlight projector like STARR for Japan spec(right-hand), anyone purchased

Search this Thread

Old 08-06-2013, 11:01 AM
Default HELP: H3 headlight projector like STARR for Japan spec(right-hand), anyone purchased

Hi All,

i purchased a set of Starr headlight from an USA company, i wanted the right-handed version, but the seller said it's finished and only has left-handed available and told me it's same, but when i received it, the fitting is 100% different at all, and impossible to modify since the bracket is 100% at different spot (RED dot is screw bracket for Original[chrome casing] & Starr[black casing])

now i am looking to buy a right-hand (my 2007 H3 is japan spec) projector headlight, any members here purchased or used before please recommend me the website or seller to buy from

my screw bracket is more wider compare to USA left-hand version.. i m not sure if my Japan spec same as UK spec or not but both are right-handed steerling

tq

dave

Attached Thumbnails HELP: H3 headlight projector like STARR for Japan spec(right-hand), anyone purchased-1_.jpg   HELP: H3 headlight projector like STARR for Japan spec(right-hand), anyone purchased-2_.jpg  
Old 08-06-2013, 12:48 PM

I don't know whom you have spoken to, but the president of STARR was Fred Musial
e-mail address, paceset@northwestel.net

Perhaps, if he is still with the company, you could call him and explain your situation.
I can easily see that the two, left right, headlight assemblies are very different.
Here is the only address and numbers of the company
Good Luck

UPDATE:
I have sent an e-mail to Fred Musial at STARR
I will PM you if I hear back any information

Attached Thumbnails HELP: H3 headlight projector like STARR for Japan spec(right-hand), anyone purchased-starr.jpg  

Last edited by wfturner; 08-06-2013 at 12:56 PM.
Old 08-08-2013, 12:20 AM

Looks like they didn't send you a set for an H3.

Old 08-08-2013, 09:10 AM

theres a lot of necessary mirror image stuff for lhd/rhd but lights,engines,trannys, aren't in the mix!!

taints right

Old 08-09-2013, 05:38 PM

I recall reading a note somewhere that the STARR HID kit doesnt work on import models. I just cant remember where did I read that.

anyway, check here

Hummer Parts and Accessories: STARR lighting Bi-Xenon HID lighting set for the H3

they have chrome/black and it mentions left side/ right side too.

Old 08-09-2013, 05:56 PM

there is probably left/right but not left drive/right drive .
some export cars require auto leveling headlights and hummer made them but idk if they take different bulbs?

Old 08-10-2013, 04:12 AM

Originally Posted by happythree
there is probably left/right but not left drive/right drive .
some export cars require auto leveling headlights and hummer made them but idk if they take different bulbs?
Those export models come with H4 bulbs, and do have auto leveling headlights with controls from inside the cabin. Light output form them is still crap though!