PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

Help with built in garage door openers!

Search this Thread

Old 04-19-2009, 11:15 AM
Default Help with built in garage door openers!

Hey everyone,

I have the H3 luxury package, and I noticed that I have 3 little built in buttons designed for opening gates/garage doors.

Does anyone know how to set this up? Because I have a remote garage door opener but it's really clunky.

I did read the instructions in the manual but they dont seem to work? I'd rather have a real person describe the process to me, if anyone knows.

Thanks!

Ryan

Old 04-20-2009, 07:21 AM

Sorry Ryan but I have the same problem.
I programmed my CTS but can't do the Hummer for some reason.

Old 04-20-2009, 07:32 AM

Same problem here too. Can get the lights to work on it by following manual but no results.

Old 04-20-2009, 10:37 AM
Default Garage door openers

I have the factory "home link" system in my 07 H3 and I have three garage doors operated by this system. Two of the doors are newer and have a "learn" button on the head unit.
The older garage door system I have is near twenty years old and I have to use the actual garage door remote to program the home link in the H3
You are right in saying that the instructions are involving.
My instructions would be of little help over the H3 booklet.
I found it best to read the booklet instructions first until I could preform the task without having to refer back to the booklet. as you know, most of these steps to program require you to do things within a few seconds of one another.
Bottom line, take your time, have no interruptions i.e. kids, wife, phone, dog, neighbor.
If I can do it, I'm sure you can suffer through it too.
Good luck. It will be worth it when completed.

Last edited by wfturner; 08-12-2009 at 07:40 AM.
Old 04-20-2009, 11:37 AM

I found this and used it on my Lexus for an opener with a rolling code. Also search google for home link. thay had some info on there too.

HomeLink is a universal garage door opening system comes in a variety of vehicles, usually as a luxury add-on. HomeLink can be found on a number of car manufacturers and works with a number of garage door manufacturers. New technology in garage door openers has resulted in a rolling code security system, obsoleting the old dip switch remote controls that could be “guessed” open by anyone willing to try all the combinations. Rolling code garage door remote controls don’t have any dip switches to set, instead they must “learn” how to open a garage door from the actual garage door motor unit. While programming the stock Chamberlain or Genie garage door remotes with the corresponding manufacturer is usually an easy process, getting your vehicle’s HomeLink to play nice with a rolling code system is a different story.

If this is your first time setting up your HomeLink, or you bought a used car with HomeLink that you want to program, you may want to consider resetting the HomeLink device by pressing and holding the two outermost buttons simultaneously until the indicator light flashes for 20 seconds. There’s no need to do this more than once, for instance when you try to program another button.
Make sure your vehicle is within a reasonable distance from the garage door with rolling code you are programming the HomeLink for. You will eventually need to trigger the garage door opener’s “learn” button and the range for any learning remote is generally within 10 feet.
Take a stock garage door remote control and hold it within 3 inches of your HomeLink unit. Then press and hold the button to open the garage door and simultaneously press and hold the desired HomeLink button you wish to program. Continue to hold both buttons as the indicator light flashes slowly, then rapidly, then not at all. Then release both buttons. Be forewarned that your garage door will open or close when you do this, so make sure there is nothing or no one under it.
The previous step was necessary to bring the HomeLink into the proper mode to program with a rolling code. Regular dip switch remotes would have programmed the HomeLink with just the last step and you’d be done. But since the HomeLink is compatible with all kinds of garage doors, it needed to fail the last step to prep for this step. Now locate the “learn” button on your garage door opener motor unit and press it (maybe grab a friend for this step). You’ll have usually 30-60 seconds to program a remote after you press this button. Run to your vehicle and again press and hold the HomeLink button you are training. It should take only a few seconds for the HomeLink to finally learn the rolling code. Usually your garage door light will blink and you will hear a relay clicking sound (like what you hear when you use your turn signals) when this occurs. When this happens your HomeLink button is now programmed to open your rolling code garage door.
I have tested this process to work with Chamberlain and Genie garage door

Old 08-12-2009, 02:13 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by wfturner
I have the factory "home link" system in my 07 H3 and I have three garage doors operated my this system. Two of the doors are newer and have a "learn" button on the head unit.
The older garage door system bad credit loans I have is near twenty years old and I have to use the actual garage door remote to program the home link in the H3
You are right in seeing that the instructions are involving.
I found it best to read the booklet instructions first until I could preform the task without having to refer back to the booklet. los angeles mortgage loans as you know, most of these steps to program require you to do things within a few seconds of one another.
Bottom line, take your time, have no interruptions i.e. kids, wife, phone, dog, neighbor.
Do you think it's shot or could it have come unpluged. It was working great then I parked for a couple hours then started back up and nothing. Thank you.

Old 08-12-2009, 02:19 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by wfturner
I have the factory "home link" system in my 07 H3 and I have three garage doors operated my this system. Two of the doors are newer and have a "learn" button on the head unit.
The older garage door system bad credit loans I have is near twenty years old and I have to use the actual garage door remote to program the home link in the H3
You are right in seeing that the instructions are involving.
I found it best to read the booklet instructions first until I could preform the task without having to refer back to the booklet. los angeles mortgage loans as you know, most of these steps to program require you to do things within a few seconds of one another.
Do you think it's shot or could it have come unpluged. It was working great then I parked for a couple hours then started back up and nothing. Thank you.

Old 08-12-2009, 02:42 AM

garage door opener? man.... every since i joint this forum ive just been finding out the stuff my 09 Lux H3 dosnt have.... and i've actualy paid more than you guys... through Holden New zealand, an actual GM dealer not some dodgy place . i want a garage door opener lol. mines a chunky one in the glovebox

Old 08-12-2009, 07:37 AM

[QUOTE=jesson.204;207479]Do you think it's shot or could it have come unpluged. It was working great then I parked for a couple hours then started back up and nothing. Thank you.

I don't think I can help you.
If the single light blinks when you press any of the buttons that you have programed. then i would say it is not unplugged or disconnected and you have another problem.
If it worked and then it didn't work, it must be another problem in the logic.
When things like this get too frustrating it's dealer time.

Old 11-18-2011, 06:37 PM
Default Directions work

I just came across this thread by googling it.

I used the above instructions for my 07' H3 and it worked! Very easy to do. Thanks!

Quick Reply: Help with built in garage door openers!