PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

Heated Seats

Search this Thread

Old 03-17-2008, 09:23 AM
Default Heated Seats

I apologize if this has been posted before but here goes. Should I crank my torsion bars or should I buy a leveling kit? Ok got your attention. I have a question, Iam probably the biggest rock on this forum when it comes to mechanics. A few years back a fellow was on Ebay advertising heated seat kits for Land Rovers. He said they had the heating element already installed in almost all models as it was cheap to make the seats like that. I bought his kitand it came with the two switches and plate. I plugged them up and they worked in maybe 5 minutes! It was a greta $ 80.00 investment in teh cold! Then it was sort of went wide known and people just started buying the swithces and plugging them in for 40.00! Well I have seen people sell the seat covers when they say they swapped them for leather and was wondering this weekend. So if they just switched covers then ? Did Hummer put the heaters possibly in all their seats and since I do not have that package (heated seats) do you think they are prewired? Has anyone ever checked.And if they are it should be simple to drill a hole in the side of the seat, order the switch off GM and presto heated seats? Has anyone ever checked their fuse box as I didnt but will at lunch to see if there is a fuse in there already? Just a question but for us fellows without the heated seats maybe we can get lucky. So Import Killer should I buy the levelingkit?

Old 03-17-2008, 10:15 AM
CWS
Default RE: Heated Seats

I'd buy two levelling kits just in case.

Interesting question about the seat heaters.

Cliff

Old 03-17-2008, 01:50 PM

I doubt they are pre-wired. The heated seats are part of the lux package that also has leather power adjustable seats. So there's a lot more pre-wiring involved than just the heaters.

Make sure you get an alignment after the two leveling kits. You forgot to ask if your 35" tires will rub.

Old 03-17-2008, 02:24 PM

Well I put the two leveling keys on and now plan on cranking the torsion bars till they come up under the seats. Then maybe I wont need an alignment because Igot new shocks?I will check it out later too as what you said about the adjustable seats and all the wiring is true but I am hoping for an element in the seats and a extra wire. i would have to assume maybe they only have one harness? It was just a shot in the dark as i thought maybe.I will let you all know if I find anything and again if anyone else can help let me or us all know. And I know the 35s wont rub but will I get dirty in the picture like Cliff if Iuse the stock shocks?

Old 03-17-2008, 05:36 PM
Super Moderator

probably. I would order the ultra clean shocks from Bilstein. They will absorb all the dirt, mud, dust before it gets on your Hummer.

Old 03-17-2008, 06:37 PM
Super Moderator

I would think you would be able to order the stuff you need to make yours heated...

Find out if Gene at GMpartshouse.com can help....

Old 03-19-2008, 10:54 AM

I spoke to Gene at gmpartshouse.com and he said Hummer did not put the heating elements in the seats. You would have to order the elements and swtiches. So it was a try as I thought maybe we all can get some heat out of those seats for the price of the switches. With out the heated seats do I still need the Ultra Clean Shocks from Bilstein if I crank my torsion bars with two keys? Thanks all, M

Old 09-09-2017, 01:51 PM

then why do i have wires coming from under the carpet to both seats? 2006 h3.
don't have power seats nor do i have heated seats.....or do i?

Old 09-09-2017, 03:25 PM

Diging up a 9+ year old thread! WOW!

Passenger side is for the air bag sensor. No idea about the driver side. Never owned one with manual a driver seat.

Old 09-09-2017, 03:53 PM

thanks for the response.

Quick Reply: Heated Seats