PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

service TPM

Search this Thread

Old 03-20-2013, 03:15 PM
Default service TPM

I have a 2006 Hummer H3 and once in a while it comes on the dash Service TPM... I want to know if it needs to be fixed right away or is it ok to run it....

Old 03-20-2013, 03:35 PM

Have you checked the tire pressure in all 4 tires?

Old 03-20-2013, 03:40 PM

Yes I have and they were all where they should be. It dont come on all the time and I did read that it could have something to do with the cold.

Old 03-20-2013, 03:54 PM

Whats the reccomended tire pressure for the h3 ?

Old 03-20-2013, 04:26 PM

Mine calls for 30psi.... I checked them and they are all at 30. I have tried more and less to see if it would stop the tpm from coming on but didnt.... I have done some research and guess its a bad sensor..

Old 03-21-2013, 12:40 AM

The sticker on the inside of the drivers door says 30psi?

The TPMs will go off at anything below about 33 psi. The colder tempratures will effect the tires pressure also.

Old 03-21-2013, 08:48 AM

There are two different lights that can come on with this system and it sounds like they are being mixed up.

#1 Service TPM

#2 The low tire pressure light.

Two different things. I just rotated my tires over last weekend and now my Service TPM is coming on.

Old 03-21-2013, 09:51 AM

I have had the Low Tire Pressure warning before and adding air it went away. The Service TPM thing just started and I had to look it up to see what the heck it was. I just reset it according to the owners manual so I will see if that takes care of it. I had tires put on it about 4 months ago so Im assuming it has something to do with that. Thanks All...

Old 03-21-2013, 06:33 PM

Serv TPM will come on when it loses the signal. If it comes back on, you might check to see if there is any mud on the sensor or if it got knocked loose, which is located on the axle just inside of the wheels.

It can also come on if you incorporate your full size spare into the rotation as it does not usually have a TPMS wheel sensor.

Old 03-21-2013, 07:05 PM

Originally Posted by Foxbat
Serv TPM will come on when it loses the signal. If it comes back on, you might check to see if there is any mud on the sensor or if it got knocked loose, which is located on the axle just inside of the wheels.

It can also come on if you incorporate your full size spare into the rotation as it does not usually have a TPMS wheel sensor.

"The Tire Pressure Sensor is in the wheel and sends it's signal by Radio Frequency to the BCM. The ABS sensor is what you are describing. If that goes bad you will likely get a Stabilitrac error message. After you do the relearn procedure, you will need to drive it about a mile before the message goes away. That was the case when I did it." He just may have a sensor going bad.

Quick Reply: service TPM