PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

H3 Wont Start in "Crash Mode?"

Search this Thread

Old 09-04-2010, 02:53 PM
Default H3 Wont Start in "Crash Mode?"

So I drove my H3 back home last night from my friends house and all was well. Woke up this morning to leave and my hummer wouldnt start. The lights/dash came on, engine turned over when I tried to start. Even tried giving it a little gas when I turned the key. Still wouldnt fire up. I did a search on another forum and found a guy with a similar issue. Someone from GM told him his H3 was in "crash mode". He told him to move the passenger seat back and forth, up and down to reset this or something?? Well it worked. My hummer fired up not even half a second after I turned the key. This is the weirdest thing I have ever seen. Unfortunately, I cannot find any more information about a permanent fix for this problem! Anyone heard of this before???? Sounds like a sensor shorting out or something...

Old 09-04-2010, 04:02 PM
Banned

What the hell? I've never heard of that, but that is certainly bizzare. Usually cars that have been involved in an accident, automatically shut their fuel pump down at the tank. Often times involving pulling a trap door of some sort and resetting it.

Old 09-04-2010, 05:12 PM
Banned
Default if he didnt sound serious,,,

id swear it was spam!

this note goes in the FRONT of the 500 page instruction book!!

btw i had the relay on a ford van kick out, had to find it,,dont know why either

Old 09-04-2010, 06:41 PM

thats nuts, thanks for the info

Old 01-01-2011, 06:56 AM

um ok something like this happened to me the other day went to go start it up it was like 24 outside wouldn't start , so i backed it off the drive way onto level surface thinking that maybe i had frozen lines since i parked it the night before with less than a 1/4 tank in her
finally after about 10 min she started
WTH

Old 01-01-2011, 09:54 AM

Originally Posted by Gotama
um ok something like this happened to me the other day went to go start it up it was like 24 outside wouldn't start , so i backed it off the drive way onto level surface thinking that maybe i had frozen lines since i parked it the night before with less than a 1/4 tank in her
finally after about 10 min she started
WTH
If your red securty light was flashing that was likely the issue. It reset after 10 minutes.

Old 01-01-2011, 02:41 PM

He forgot to mention you had to do this while standing on your head reciting Macbeth.

There is no hidden switch to reset the fuel pump, it is totally controlled by the PCM, via input from other modules via the class 2 serial data line.

The only thing under the passengers seat related to the supplemental restraint (Air Bag) system is the passenger presence module and the actual module is part of the seat. This determines if a passenger is in the passenger seat. If a person over x-number of pounds is in the seat, the passenger side air bag can be activated in a crash, if no passenger, the air bag will not be activated. Little light on the dash will tell you if it is activated or not.

(Ford's used to have a trip switch that would shut the fuel pump off in case of rollover. And, it would sometime pop if a large pothole was hit. Had it happen a few times to my 85 Cougar.)

Old 01-01-2011, 03:20 PM
rsc

But what about us folks with non-electric seats? Do I still run it back and forth a few times anyway? Maybe I should make this part of my normal daily checks before I drive off like checking the tire pressure, fluid levels and brake/turn signal lights...

BTW, what part of Macbeth would be the most efficient or should I read the entire piece to my H3 every morning?

Old 01-02-2011, 07:42 AM

Originally Posted by RKSmith163
If your red securty light was flashing that was likely the issue. It reset after 10 minutes.
What would have caused my security light to have tripped ? All I did was get in like normal and try to start it

Old 01-02-2011, 09:51 AM

Sometimes the ignition key module acts up. It is a known problem.

Quick Reply: H3 Wont Start in "Crash Mode?"