PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

H3 vibrations

Search this Thread

Old 01-29-2007, 03:48 PM
Default H3 vibrations

I need help on this. We bought the 06 H3 back in August 05. When we got the truck it had a vibration that I felt through the steering wheel and floorboards at 30 to 35 miles an hour. We have taken this vehicle in going on 4 times. They have replaced trnasfer case, tires, and rear end as it was recalled. The dealer keeps telling us it's normal but when I test drive another H3, the vibration is not there. The truck only has 11,800 miles as it has been in the shop quite often. It now has the vibration at most speeds and I am waiting to see what the dealer syas now. Has anyone experienced anything like this???

Old 01-29-2007, 03:52 PM
Default RE: H3 vibrations

not me.. that sucks that they cant find your problem..

Old 01-29-2007, 04:00 PM

Do you have a lemon law

Old 01-29-2007, 04:37 PM

yes Arizona has a lemon law ...it's just it's a shame I have to go that route. We love the truck and we just want it fixed but according to the dealer..it's normal...very frustrated.

Old 01-29-2007, 05:12 PM

Ihad the same thing with my 4runner after the rotated the tires they tried everthing even new rims and tires which they said.
Well i went out and bought a brand new set of tires and the problem was gone bad tires. Iwanted bigger tire so it work out for the best.
I WOULDUSE THE LEMMON LAW AND THEN BUY A NEW ONE
I know in Mass if youbring it back for the same problem three times with in a year they have to replace it or give you money back also if you have a loan out with a bank.The bankwill go after the dealer they consider it there truck in till it's paid for

Old 01-30-2007, 03:48 AM

I had an old Ford pick up that had a vibration under stress after many parts replaced I found out it was a misballanced harmonic balencer on the crank shaft when at high speed or touque it was as if it was not ballanced and vibrated the steering wheel and floorboards. Just a thought...

Old 01-30-2007, 02:53 PM

it could be a unbalanced drive shaft.....dented or something that would cause the problems you are having. or it could be a bad torque converter

Old 01-30-2007, 02:59 PM

I had a AMC Gremlin X once that had a real bad vibration in the passenger seat..my girl friend said to leave it alone...so I donno

Old 01-30-2007, 04:41 PM

I suppose it had a broken spring that left a bump in the middle of the seat too...

Old 01-30-2007, 05:04 PM

I have taken my 06 in also for the same symptoms.
- First time they remounted and balanced all the tires sayingthey were not done correctly at the factory and that the machine which does the balancing needs to be recalibrated very often otherwise the tires wont be balanced perfectly.
- Second time they replaced 3 tires saying they were out of round.
- Third time they replaced one of the tires they previously replaced and the only explanation they could provide was that quality assurance at GoodYear was no good and that sometimes the belts in the tires have been known to slip because the tires were within spec at the time they were installed on the vehicle

Been about 1k miles since i was last in so we'll see if it persists. I also feel some vibration in the steering wheel when that gas saving gearkicks in and the truck kind of chugs.

Quick Reply: H3 vibrations