PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

H3 Stereo upgrade options?

Search this Thread

Old 05-22-2006, 04:02 PM
Default RE: H3 Stereo upgrade options?

This is in reference to Travller's comment about using the finger method...worked for me.

Removing The Bezel

My favorite way to remove the bezel is to use two fingers in the accessory power holes and pull up and out. The bottom corner should pop right out. From here, just work your way arounnd the edge to loosen all of the clips.

Unplug The Bezel Wires

If you have an automatic transmission, you should move the shifter all the way back so you can better access the connectors on the back of the bezel. There are eight harnesses in all connected to the bezel

Old 05-23-2006, 01:09 AM

Tell the truth...you take the bezel off by putting your fingers in the power holes because you avoid getting any finger prints on it that way.[sm=joke.gif]

Old 05-23-2006, 01:12 AM

Well..That's partly true..the other reason is if you leave the battery hooked up, you can get a little jolt..just to keep you tough[8D]

Old 05-23-2006, 01:12 AM

ORIGINAL: Dennis

This is in reference to Travller's comment about using the finger method...worked for me.

Removing The Bezel

My favorite way to remove the bezel is to use two fingers in the accessory power holes and pull up and out. The bottom corner should pop right out. From here, just work your way arounnd the edge to loosen all of the clips.

Unplug The Bezel Wires

If you have an automatic transmission, you should move the shifter all the way back so you can better access the connectors on the back of the bezel. There are eight harnesses in all connected to the bezel

do you get professional manicures? or are you a hand model? you seem to be posting a lot of pics of your hands lately. just don't tell us where they've been. . . .[:-]

Old 05-23-2006, 01:16 AM

Okay..I'm done with hands now..we'll be moving on to model other appendages next.[sm=Flahssssss.gif]

Old 05-23-2006, 01:22 AM

please, don't go to that extreme on my account. i hate having to put on my reading glasses for the small print . . . . .

Old 05-23-2006, 01:29 AM

LMAO..It's been a fun knight..Time for bed..Night -all

Btw..it maybe small print but it's a very LONG sentance

Old 05-23-2006, 02:41 AM

ORIGINAL: traveller

I checked and purchased the one from Logjam Electronics. I installed on Saturday, it sounds great!! I am very pleased, thanks for the links.

BTW, I know I found some pic's for pulling the Bezel off by putting your fingers in the two power ports on the lower right. I was nervous about possibly breaking something becase the bezel was flexing but not pulling out. I used a paint can opener to stick in the port and Hook the port (there is a small gap inside if you look) and pulled there, the bezel came loose. Once I got that, it was about a half hour install (pull radio, disconnect wiring, install and route adapter ect and re-install). !!

Nice, that it works for you buddy. Just a question? Did you have the same problem as me??? Did you NO AUX Output (No CD Cahnger NO XM Compatible) ????? "Most Bsic Factory Radio) ????

I also purchased the harness kid and the Ipod interface, and I'm receiving the shipping hopefylly in 3 days. I hope it works for me too "If you have the same radio as me". BTW, how do you change from FM or CD Player to the Ipod (What button do you press or how does it works)????

Thanks and post any problems here with your new Ipod's harness kid...!!! (Engine noise, OnStars Problems, Lights poping in your dash, etc...)

Later.

Old 05-25-2006, 01:28 PM

Thanks for all the great suggestions... I checked out the LogJamElectronics site and was considering buying the aux input converter and iPod interface, when I saw this new item on their site:

http://www.logjamelectronics.com/neucncx2i.html

Looks like this combines the functionality of the two into one product, PLUS having control of the iPod via the existing stereo controls, and if their description is right, will work with the H3's base stereo.

Anyone know anything about this unit?

Old 05-27-2006, 03:27 AM

ORIGINAL: Jerence

Thanks for all the great suggestions... I checked out the LogJamElectronics site and was considering buying the aux input converter and iPod interface, when I saw this new item on their site:

http://www.logjamelectronics.com/neucncx2i.html

Looks like this combines the functionality of the two into one product, PLUS having control of the iPod via the existing stereo controls, and if their description is right, will work with the H3's base stereo.

Anyone know anything about this unit?

well I got the http://www.logjamelectronics.com/soundauxgm.html and also the http://www.logjamelectronics.com/pieunipod.html and it work perfectly with my base factory radio. It took me 1:30 min to install it, very easy by the way, no skills at all, even tho i've done it 100s of times...No Ipods interfaces tho but car stereos in general...and with no special tool...!!!

100 % recommended and I believe if you say that I recoomend you, I think you get 10% off. Not sure tho...but you can try.
Later.

Quick Reply: H3 Stereo upgrade options?