PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

H3 oil light

Old 11-12-2013, 04:15 PM

id do a new sending unit.
I looked for pipe fittings for the pressure port to add a real gage. cannot identify the threads. if you do the sender look at the threads, odd!

then use 10w40 to see a difference?

Old 12-15-2017, 12:15 PM
Default Same problem with my H3

Mine has 143k miles and it started doing the same thing. Has anyone confirmed that it is low oil pressure?

Old 12-16-2017, 08:50 AM

Originally Posted by Marcelo Dalle Nogare
Mine has 143k miles and it started doing the same thing. Has anyone confirmed that it is low oil pressure?
Mine just done it for the first time and only once and i'm at 155k , As soon as it came on i turned the engine off and waited a few min and the light went out. I've drove about 200 miles and it hasn't done it again.. Some updates would be nice if anyone found out what the issue is because it causes major issues. Thanks for the updated post

Old 12-16-2017, 02:07 PM
Default Low Oil Pressure 2005 H2 SUT outcome @ 120K...

I had a ring that was cracked on the topside right of the engine. You could hear a tic tic tic (not loud just audible). It read low oil pressure. I paid for testing as the hummer engine (or at least the V*) has two places that oil pressure is monitored and the pump was fine but the topside of the engine had the problem indicating that there was a leak some where in that area. It was a ring ??/I wish I could be more specific but it appears to be a hidden industry problem with these engines and they become overheated (aluminum something) and then pistons/ring area is susceptible to cracking causing a loss of oil pressure on the top side and giving you the low oil pressure setting. Rebuilding the top 1/2 is cheaper than rebuilding the entire engine. I just didn't have the answer at the time as it wasn't showing up in the forums yet. The mechanic said if you have to replace the engine or rebuild you can keep driving it till you are ready or it quits working. I drove it 18 months until I finally had $4K to rebuild and that is when the mechanic found the exact problem. He said it is also a problem with the Ford v-8 truck engine and FORD has a class action suite pending. The industry now knows the problem but will not recall. Best suggestion is have the top side checked for issues and possible rebuild.

Old 12-19-2017, 09:16 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by Marcelo Dalle Nogare
Nice job of digging up an old as dirt thread.

Originally Posted by Crazymountaincycles
Mine just done it for the first time and only once and i'm at 155k , As soon as it came on i turned the engine off and waited a few min and the light went out. I've drove about 200 miles and it hasn't done it again.. Some updates would be nice if anyone found out what the issue is because it causes major issues. Thanks for the updated post
Please refrain from digging up old azzed threads, stick with current threads.
See: https://www.hummerforums.com/forum/n...bumping-23220/

Originally Posted by Debbie Forthun Kitchen
I had a ring that was cracked on the topside right of the engine. You could hear a tic tic tic (not loud just audible). It read low oil pressure. I paid for testing as the hummer engine (or at least the V*) has two places that oil pressure is monitored and the pump was fine but the topside of the engine had the problem indicating that there was a leak some where in that area. It was a ring ??/I wish I could be more specific but it appears to be a hidden industry problem with these engines and they become overheated (aluminum something) and then pistons/ring area is susceptible to cracking causing a loss of oil pressure on the top side and giving you the low oil pressure setting. Rebuilding the top 1/2 is cheaper than rebuilding the entire engine. I just didn't have the answer at the time as it wasn't showing up in the forums yet. The mechanic said if you have to replace the engine or rebuild you can keep driving it till you are ready or it quits working. I drove it 18 months until I finally had $4K to rebuild and that is when the mechanic found the exact problem. He said it is also a problem with the Ford v-8 truck engine and FORD has a class action suite pending. The industry now knows the problem but will not recall. Best suggestion is have the top side checked for issues and possible rebuild.
You have posted H2 SUT info. in an H3 thread topic????? No similarities, different motors and drivetrain. The hidden industry problem.... grassy knoll and all.

Old 12-24-2017, 04:10 PM

Originally Posted by Doc Olds
Nice job of digging up an old as dirt thread.

Please refrain from digging up old azzed threads, stick with current threads.
See: https://www.hummerforums.com/forum/n...bumping-23220/

You have posted H2 SUT info. in an H3 thread topic????? No similarities, different motors and drivetrain. The hidden industry problem.... grassy knoll and all.

Really don't know why you'd want someone to keep making up new post when there's really good information that people might know about the issue.. Looks like if we didn't look up an old as DIRT Post we might not have known some of the issues already found!

So i took my Truck to the dealer and found out that the cam shaft sensor is bad and it will cause the oil light to come on and the check engine light to also come on. Dealership said that it was a known issue.

Old 12-26-2017, 11:35 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by Crazymountaincycles
Really don't know why you'd want someone to keep making up new post when there's really good information that people might know about the issue.. Looks like if we didn't look up an old as DIRT Post we might not have known some of the issues already found!

So i took my Truck to the dealer and found out that the cam shaft sensor is bad and it will cause the oil light to come on and the check engine light to also come on. Dealership said that it was a known issue.
Look it up, read about it all you want. The key here is, STOP resurrecting OLD threads. Its a rule. Just because you came across an old thread does not mean you have to post in it.

Failure to follow rules has consequences.